【 C h a p t e r 1 8 】

Jonathan's POV

Jonathan's POV

I quietly looked at them as I read their names, I looked at her mother's name and it says:

Michaella Park, 1972 - 2005

I looked at the father's tomb and it says:

Eugene Park, 1970 - 2005

They're pretty young, and I heard them talking.

"If only those people saved Mom and Dad back ten years ago." My head slightly moves from their conversation.

"I guess they did their best, they were too late."

"If only I could see a glance on that man's face that night, I would've thanked them a lot." My eyes slowly widened when I came to a realization, I suddenly felt my back warm and saw that Angelica was hugging me. I can feel something dangling at my chin, I looked at it and I saw a piece of jewelry.

"What's this?" I played with it.

"My mom says that I should give this pendant to someone important to me, and I guess you, barging into my life and staying with me for the longest makes me feel so happy. I've never felt so happy with someone so cold." Angelica planted a kiss on my forehead and playfully scratched it.

"Thanks, I guess." She chuckles at it and they start to stand up to leave, I noticed that whenever people pass by, they look at me warily.

"I guess if people are aware of you, then it leads to something," Angelique says happily. They drove for much longer and stopped when I faced a pet shop and I looked at them with confusion brushing my face.

"I know that look, Nathan, now let's go." She just smiled at me and opened the door to carry me inside.

"I don't like where this is going, Angelica."

"Well, I don't want people eyeing you suspiciously," She explains. Oh, is that so?

"Welcome—" he stopped immediately and I already understood what she said.

"Don't worry, he's domesticated. A wolf-dog is a proper name," Angelique says, the man gawks and looks at me again.

"Oh, a hybrid one, when was he born?"

"2012, we just saw a wolf banging a husky outdoors. Pretty public," she adds, Angelica nudged her and mouthed something. How gauche, why the hell would she say that?

"Oh, yeah, right. We love to give him a new color." What? no way, they must be kidding. This should've been temporary.

"A permanent one," Angelica says and she cuddles me, great, I'm in trouble. She put me down on the floor and I ran as fast as I could but she already picked me up.

"Calm down, trust me on this one, okay? I don't want people looking at you all differently." She coos, I sighed mentally and gave up.

"What color?" he asked.

"Brown," I said.

"Ooh, I guess he likes brown. The color of a Siberian Husky? Would that be okay?"

"Of course, he does look like one. Shall we head down to business then?" she nods and puts me down again, I don't know how long it took but Angelica is clapping happily at me when it's done.

ANGELICA'S POV 

I noticed that he looks foreign in that color and I just clapped joyfully because he looks so adorable. We paid him, doubled the amount of course. We got in the car and went back home.

"What? You keep looking at me like you've got a prize," Nathan says coldly

"Of course, you're my greatest treasure!" I said and brushed his hair.

"Pretty sure you've said that to a lot of animals," he says.

"I didn't say that to a lot of animals that they're my treasure." I defended myself.

"Like I would believe you." Nathan pushes.

"Looks like someone's jealous by his whining," Angelique said in a sing-song voice.

"I'm not," I gasped at him and smiled sheepishly.

"Is he? Is Mr. Nathan the Grumpy, jealous?" He blows his nose in a fuming manner and starts to whine more.

"I'm not jealous! I am! Why do you guys not take me seriously—"

"Boop." I poke his nose and he suddenly stops.

"I guess the crisis is averted." Angelique laughs. I cooked ramen, I remembered that he is picky and set another pot on the stove.

"What's that for?" she asks.

"Because Mr. Nathan the Grumpy, Jealous Wolf is picky, so I'm cooking a beef broth for him."

"It's gonna take a long time for that to cook."

"There's already a leftover broth back in my restaurant, so, I'll just heat it," I said. I pulled out the broth and put it in the pot carefully, not to spill any, and waited for it to boil. I cooked some chopped beef and later, I put it in the pot and let it simmer. Both the ramen and the beef broth are done.

"You don't have to make the ramen fancy, we're just at home." I chuckled at Angelique's remark and put it on the table.

"Sorry, I just got carried away for real. Now, shall we enjoy the meal?" I put the broth in Nathan's bowl and he sniffs it.

"You make one good of a broth," he commented as he slurps it down.

"Thanks." After taking down a good meal, Angelique washed the dishes, including the bowls and Nathan sat in front of the clock.

"That is a clock," I said, he just nodded and kept looking. Now that we're talking about clocks, it's already past three in the afternoon.

"Oh, shoot. I'm going to be late." I quickly stride into my room and search for a uniform, I can't manage to find one and go into the guest room. I'm hurrying and I just grabbed something from the closet and ran.

"I have to go back to where I was from." I immediately stopped in my tracks and looked at Nathan. Why does he want to immediately leave the place? He hasn't been here for a long time even, I wonder what's wrong with him

"Uh, what?" I asked Nathan, he just looked away before explaining.

"You already heard me, I also heard their cries, so..." I cut him off by carrying him with me.

"I have to go now!" I shouted.