【 C h a p t e r 5 2 】

Jonathan's POV

Jonathan's POV

"Why are you looking at me, far beyond the hallway?" I asked Maxwell.

"Well, I have to confess something."

"Spit it out, then. I'm waiting." he hesitated to say a word, and I just clasped his arm. He was shocked and gulped at what he is about to say.

"That guy you met back there?"

"Yeah? What about him?" he tears his gaze at me, "you guys are not actually in a relationship, are you?" he nods.

"I'm sorry, I should have told you that sooner. That guy that you just met is Tyler, he might be all daunting and all if you look at him, but he's not. He's a kindhearted man, and oh lord, I wish I could've said this to you also."

"Told me what?"

"That he works at Monroe Estates, you probably know that Alexander is one of the co-founders of that estate."

"Wait, so he's a co-founder?" he nods, "Then who's Anita Monroe?"

"Oh, her? That girl is—"

"His step-sister, so I've been told."

"You knew that?"

"Yeah, because not long ago, she decided to end our relationship and told me about what happened."

"Oh, that's why you look stressed out."

"Yes, but I don't have feelings for her."

"Really? Then who did you lay eyes upon?"

"Someone unique, reliable, and a trustworthy person. But all of it is history," I said and smiled a bit.

"Yeah, because there's no history without her story," he adds, he's finally back. The corny slash cheesy guy I knew since childhood.

"You made one of the worst jokes today, gosh, I haven't heard those jokes in years."

"Do you want me to relive that past, then?"

"No, for my sake, don't even think about going to tell those jokes to me." Then a pang in my chest suddenly hit me, I stopped, I became nervous and all. I don't know what just happened, but something just doesn't feel right.

'Why? What happened? Did something happen?"

"I guess I need to go back to Spain."

"Spain? Out of all? Why would you that?" he asks.

"Because that's where I laid eyes on someone, so come with me."

"Well, I guess I should, because, on the other hand, Tyler is going to Spain too. He just texted me this morning."

"Okay, then we'll be the one getting into them first before they get ahead of us. Now, let's go."

Angelica's POV

I'm so happy that I could serve these people in the streets and have them smiling over their tired faces. I talked to the caretaker if there was any vacant place in Spain so that I could just build a big house enough for these people to have shelter. I know my money is not that much of a blessing to people, but I'll do my best to have the best one for them. I agreed with one of the people here to construct a house that can support 50 people. An elderly woman takes my hand.

"Muchas gracias! Nunca había visto a esa persona con un corazón tan hermoso como tu cara." I was thankful that the caretaker taught me the basics.

"De nada." I pulled her into a hug and she embraced it, as people are thanking me and some are enjoying the treats I have for them. I never noticed that there was a man behind me.

"Your altruism is impressive, Angelica." I turned around to thank him and bowed, when I opened my eyes, I couldn't move. It was Alexander, but how? Is he following me?

"By the look of your expression, no, I'm not following you. This is where I live, and I have been receiving some news that there's this woman who helps people in need. And to my guess, it was you, Angelica." he says it all creepily, even though I was kind of modest to be shy about it... I couldn't fathom hiding, because his face looks scary to me.

"What are you doing here, Mr. Hugh?" the caretaker asked her, her expression darkens and I just backed away a little.

"Nothing, Carmelita." Oh, right, I forgot her name was Carmelita. Stupid me, "Why are you helping this lady?" he points at me by looking.

"Nothing, Ronaldo." I'm probably sure I heard that name before, but I don't quite remember. She squinted her eyes at him and he chuckled.

"That name is one thing that I despise," he hisses at her and she chuckles back.

"No wonder you have your tail between your legs and have your name changed after Jonathan defeated you."

"Uh, excuse me, but why did he fight Alexander?"

"None of your business," they both said to me and I put my hands on my hips.

"Oh? Then get that talk somewhere else if you guys are talking loudly about it before I even burst out and throw these saucepans to the both of you." they looked at me with bewildering eyes, and I raised my eyebrow at them.

"Okay, I'll leave. But no matter what, you're still involved."

"No te atrevas a involucrarla en tu pelea de infancia, bastardo!"

"Hasta luego, perras." he left, Carmelita continued cursing in Spanish, then threw her sandals at him and it hit the back of his head. He stopped walking but decided to continue walking away. Angelique just came and looked at us before looking in the direction we were looking.

"Who are you guys looking at? A hot guy? Where?"

"Nowhere!" Carmelita and I said that in unison to her.

"Geez, you guys are such a team."

"Anyways, how's the animal that you said you'll take care of?" I asked her.

"As usual, they're getting better. But hey, we're here in Spain for 4 months now. I kinda missed home."

"Yeah, me too. I don't even know if someone's taking care of the restaurant back, and if there's someone in charge of the vet."

"Oh, thanks for reminding me. I almost missed a call on them to check if everything's okay, they wouldn't ignore my calls because I said that I'll give them their salary every month if they take charge of it."

"Well, I'm gonna go give a call to Madison if Tiffany is doing a great job at the restaurant."

"Okay, Carmelita can you help me with this please?" Angelique hands me some of the groceries I made her buy and decides to help, she stops and looks at me with a wild look.

"I guess Jonathan and Nicholas are right about what they said, you guys look like an Angel but you are scary when mad. I'll take that note from now on," she says happily and pats my back.

"Why? What happened?" Angelique asks.

Angelique's POV

I don't know why I suddenly had the guts to ask her that and she said.

"Well, Alexander was here..." I stopped moving all of a sudden, as those words came rushing through my mind, and remembered the printed document.

"Excuse me for a bit, I just forgot something. I'll be back" I said and quickly ducked away to get the printed document.