【 C h a p t e r 3 4 】

Angelica's POV

Angelica's POV

"That would be lovely, sir." I said and we put the food on the bowl, then readied some plates for them, "How long should I be as your temporary secretary..?" Jonathan stops putting spoons and forks.

"As long as it takes."

"But, the restaurant..." I trailed off.

"It will be fine, you can visit them when it's break time," he says as he organizes other things when the clock strikes seven, people start coming out of their rooms, and Madeleine and her mom are the only ones who's dolled up.

"What's that smell?" Madeleine sniffs and looks at us, "You made it?" she asked.

"We both made it," I smiled at her and she gave me a sly smile before sitting, Jonathan looked at me and I just tapped his shoulder.

"Let's eat, sir," I said and he nodded. Jonathan smiled sweetly at me, I took a seat beside him and his mother sat in front of us.

"Who made this?" Their mother asked.

"It's—" Jonathan cuts me off.

"It was her idea, but I cooked it, so it's us who made it." he looks at me and he widens his eyes at me to agree and I just smile in return.

"Yes, ma'am. I hope you like it," I passed the food to her and she took it delicately, as soon as they ate it... Nicholas' face lightens up and their father is always the same. But his eyes lightened up, I felt relieved and their mother answered.

"It's sweet, yet mildly spicy. I like it, for the least," she says, and I smiled gently at her. She cuts the pork and it cuts perfectly, "hmm, you boiled it for a perfect amount of time and the tenderness is perfect. Tell me, are you his secretary or... A chef?" the question suddenly struck my walls down, I don't know how I would answer her and silence filled the room. I looked at Jonathan, who was also looking at me and he just nodded.

"She's my secretary mom and she just loves cooking," Jonathan defended me.

"I was asking Ms. Angelica, not you." she darts her gaze at me as she shoves her spoon into her mouth.

"I am—" I was immediately cut off when Madeleine started choking and all eyes averted at me and focused on Madeleine, she gave me a quick wink and sat straight.

"I'm fine now, sorry to disturb you." The breakfast ended in an awkward mood. I took a bath in the guest room as the maids washed my clothes and pants. I told them not to, but they kept on resisting, so I gave in and they took it. When I finished, the clothes and pants were there, including my underwear. I picked it up and locked the room before I put it on.

"Are you ready?" Jonathan asks as I put on the clothes.

"No, sir, I'm still..." I huffed, trying to wear my pants and when they did, I fell on the floor. My face-planting on the ground, the door suddenly opens.