【 C h a p t e r 5 】

ANGELICA'S POV

ANGELICA'S POV

I looked at Nathan curiously, and he cocks his head on the other side, copying me.

"What did you just say?" I asked him.

"I wasn't saying anything," he replied.

"You said you wanted to visit Nick?"

"I told you, I wasn't saying anything."

"Then what did I just hear?"

"Maybe you're thinking out loud."

"Okay..." I continued cooking and placed his food in his bowl. As I went back to my room, something hit me. Why would I suddenly think of Nicholas? I sat down for a second and remembered the issue in Hawaii.

"Why did a fight suddenly happen there as soon as he went to Hawaii?" I busied myself with finding something, as I searched for something in my bag, it hit me. The bracelet! When I was buying David and Nathan's meal, I happened to pass by a shop and saw a collar perfect for Nathan's size.

Last night...

"Good evening! You're the last customer of the night before we close. Is there anything you'd like to buy?" The shopkeeper asked me, I pointed at the pet section, and the shopkeeper went there.

"I'd like one collar engraved, please." The shopkeeper nodded and went for the collar with three bells on it

"What is the pet's name, ma'am?" The shopkeeper asked as they looked for materials to engrave Nathan's name.

"Oh, Nathan, he's half Siberian Husky... and half Alaskan Malamute," I mumbled at the shopkeeper.

"Thank you for noting that on me, ma'am, because I think I needed a bigger one." They went to get an oversized collar before engraving Nathan's name on it.

"Oh, keep the small one; I have one pet as well."

Present time...

I walked out of my room and went to where Nathan was. As he was eating, I carefully put on the collar I bought. Nathan stopped eating as if he felt it immediately and looked at me.

"What's this?" he asked.

"A collar. I have one for David too. I wanted to give that as a token of appreciation because you guys are the longest to stay here." I smiled at Nathan and brushed his fur on my hands, his head lowered, and put it on my chest.

"Thank you for letting me stay," he said, and I hugged Nathan.

"But I have to go back to where I was from," he says; it breaks my heart to hear that.

"I know, just let me hug you for a while. I never hugged someone this long." I hugged Nathan a little tighter and let go after. He looked at me with those sparkling brown eyes again as my tears fell.