【 C h a p t e r 6 0 】

Angelica's POV

Angelica's POV

"Oh, I see." I sighed, "so, does this mean you'll let this slide now and you'll have a talk with them now?"

"I don't know, man, they hate me." Is this guy serious? After creating such a ruckus? Who wouldn't hate you? I never met a villain whose mindset is a victim.

"I know, you don't have to tell me," I said.

"Then you think of something," he suggests.

"Me? Oh, don't involve me here, it was your fault. Not me."

"Okay, fine." We agreed and held the child's hand, but he doesn't seem like a child. He's more of a teenager to me, he opens the door and finds Jonathan and Anita merely sweating on fighting dozens of men. He slams the door and everyone stops on their feet.

"Best time for you to show," Jonathan says, he rushes upstairs and I immediately jump into action. He skids to stop himself, "Angelica? What do you think you're doing?" he asks.

"Listen to me, you don't have to do this. Besides I know one thing from you, and I want Alexander to finish talking about what he wants to say." Anita gave me a wild look.

"What?! Are you insane?! No! He treated me like someone he could use for years and now's my chance to have myself a vengeance!" She runs and flashes the knife in front of him, which Alexander catches in no time. His hands bleed, nonstop— blood dripping from the impact.

"Let me explain first what I need to say in front of everyone," he says through gritted teeth, Anita releases the knife. But she slapped him, "Probably deserved that." He drops the knife and Jonathan looks at me.

"Now, tell me, Angelica... What do you know that only he knows of?"

"The serum," I said and he was taken aback yet again, Anita's eyes widened, and looked at them.

"The 'what' now?" she asks.

"A serum where it makes you human again," I added.

"What? How did you know?" Jonathan asks, and Alexander joins.

"I heard you talking to Monica about the serum then, on how you will take care of her and how you will age with her," he explains sternly. Jonathan then scoffs

"So the reason you are angry at me was because of it?"

"You were like a brother to me! I have to delay that idea because Monica won't stand a chance even if you did cure yourself, you will die alone and your family will despise you because you'd turn your back on someone who's not merely going to make it." Jonathan starts to punch him when he hears those words.

"You cruel motherfucker!" he shouts, "HOW CAN YOU BE SO SELFISH?!" Alexander didn't do anything, he just accepted it. Jonathan, who's been angered, just kept on punching him, "I SHOULD'VE KILLED YOU A LONG TIME AGO" his hands start to draw blood and he just keeps on hitting him. Later, his eyes start to blacken. Anita claps my shoulder.

"Angelica, I think you should stop him. As much as I want to hurt him, I don't want to kill though. What's happening to Jonathan?"

"I don't know," I said, fear swallowing me, then a distant voice, I could hear him say.

"We call it bloodlust because they have an unimaginable desire to kill and are almost uncontrollable and being animalistic." oh no, I looked around and found the knife lying on the floor. I hold it shakily, nervous that I would get myself killed. He keeps drawing punches at him, they drop to the floor and he starts punching his face.

"YOU. IMBECILE. MONSTER. HOW. DARE. YOU." he keeps on doing it, loud-sounding cracks on his face. Making me more nervous.

"JONATHAN! NO!" I shouted, but he didn't answer my call. I approach him, quietly.

"Hey, what are you doing? You're getting yourself killed," Anita warned me, I looked at her sincerely.

"I'm gonna be fine, he knows me. I could act like Monica," I cheered, not knowing where to bring this nightmare to an end. Anita eyes me nervously, not knowing what to do. She hid the boy behind her.

"Okay, be careful then." I nod and stop at his back, making sure not to get hit, I catch his hand and he looks at me. I acted sick, and perfectly, I inhaled something that made me cough. He just looks at me, "Jonathan, it's me, Monica." his anger seems to dissolve a bit, and he searches my face.

"M-Monica?" I just nod and cough again, he holds me carefully, his bloodlust still intact.

"I'm fine, but, please... Stop hurting your friend," I said, but his eyebrows furrowed deeply.

"He's not my friend anymore, he wants you to separate from me." I don't know what I'll answer but I try to remember what Madison always says but failed, so I try to come up with my own.

"Honey, I'm always here. If he did that, it's for a good reason. But always remember, you're always in my heart forever. I promise you that, come here." I pulled Jonathan into a hug and he gladly accepted it, as I heard him cry, he said something.

"I miss you, I miss you. I should've done something to save you," he breaks up even more and I can feel all his weight.

"But remember this, you have to let me go for you to love again. To start a new one, promise me that. I'm always here for you, no matter what." We parted. He looked me deep in the eyes and I wiped some of his tears and kissed his forehead. He cups my cheeks, "You have to let me go," I said one last time and hugs him. Jonathan hugs me tight. When he finally calms down, he separates once again. He took a massive breath.

"Thank you, Angelica, for bringing me back. I don't know what I'd do if I became rabid," he says sadly, "I-I should've told you sooner about this, you shouldn't be involved in all of this." he starts to complain and I just kiss him, he's shocked, but catches on after a while. Our lips parted, catching our breath. I lean my head on him.