【 C h a p t e r 5 3 】

Angelica's POV

Angelica's POV

I got kind of curious about what Angelique forgot and followed her discreetly, only to end up in front of her bedroom with her luggage. I peeked at her door and she opened the luggage, she reached for something in there and she plucked out a lot of paper. I wonder what that is, but I think it's not the right time to get my nose in the way of her work. But I'll probably sneak into her room and look at it, as what they say curiosity killed the cat, but who knows what's in there? Except for her, of course. She puts it inside a drawer and the cabinet, then locks it. She puts it in her pocket and starts to walk toward me. I made it away from there as soon as possible to not get caught. I also heard her locking her door and luckily, I don't know why my father taught us how to use bobby pins to pick the lock whenever we're locked out of our house. She saw me.

"Hey, why are you following me?"

"I was just curious as to where you went."

"I just forgot that I have to consult the place, sorry." She's lying.

"Okay, just tell me if there's a problem there." I took the high road for today and plastered a smile.

"I will don't worry." she left in a hurry and even almost bumped into Carmelita.

"Dios mío, qué le pasó a ella?"

"I hope I understood what you just said, anyways, maybe I should head back to my room and prepare to leave. I think I've had enough joy and helped a lot here, I probably needed to go back and live my life as it is."

"Okay, honey. Be careful when you're there, and..." she comes closer to whisper, "be extra careful when Alexander is near, okay?"

"I'll take that as a reminder, thank you." Do they have a problem with each other? I shake it off my head and she hands me a taser.

"Just in case, it's for precautions, don't worry." She starts to walk away and someone taps my shoulder, a man and it's totally obvious that he had surgery on his face. Perhaps he likes it that way?

"I believe we met," he says. I blinked at what he said.

"Maybe you mistook me for someone else, sorry. I don't go out that much."

"Perhaps I am, I apologize for that." His voice sounds familiar to me, but it doesn't ring a bell.

"You don't live here in Spain, do you?" He looks at me intensely and shakes his head.

"Yes, but I believe I have to go somewhere else." I just nodded and what a strange man he is, I went back inside and waited for the night to bite. I accidentally fell asleep and woke up in the middle of the night, sneaked my way again to her room, and lock-picked it. It did open but my skills are a bit rusty because I haven't done this in years. I was kind of happy that it clicked right open and did the same thing for the cabinet and drawer. When I finally got it and locked it back, I headed back into my room and read all of it.

"The truth, sent by Mr. Lee." Wait... he said he will send something to me, I also remembered calling him on what he was about to send. I read through the pages and I'm confused, what is all this stuff? What am I even reading? I couldn't figure it out so I ended up laughing at it and just kept it under my bed just to show it to her later on. I went back to sleep and woke up with Angelique standing in front of me.

"Let's go," she says. I followed her and it was still dark outside. I turn around to look at her but she disappears, a thick fog emerges around me and a car honks at me. At a sudden speed, I got hit and woke up with a loud thud. Sweat running down rapidly, and Angelique is here.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Have you seen it?" Angelique questioned.

"Seen what? What's that to be exact? I was busy yesterday with the kids and all." I pointed out.

"I saw you in my room, did you follow me?" She hinted.

"What? No! It's morning and you're already killing it." Angelique looks at me and puts her hands on her waist.

"Well, someone in this house stole a bunch of papers from me and it's important. Not because I want to hide it from you or anyone else, but rather they're confidential."

"What do you mean confidential? There's nothing confidential about it, it's just pure idiocy." I slipped, damn it. I shouldn't have fallen into that, I'm stupid.

"See? You knew it," I grunted and pulled it from under the bed, "And it's confidential because we're making a drama, Mr. Lee had an idea and they both approved."

"But you don't know who Mr. Lee is," I said and she laughs.

"They said that Mr. Lee can create such a horrific story by what he just says," she says laughingly. I don't know whether to believe it or not but I just shrugged it off. She looks at me and clasps my shoulder, "I'm sorry if I ever didn't have the chance to say it to you, they said to keep it confidential."

"Then why is Alexander Hugh there? Mr. Lee—" Angelique cuts me off.

"They told about him because he brings this atmosphere with him." She explained, to which I believed.

"I know, he's that creepy guy with dark intentions."

"There's nothing truer than that, and besides, the character here is you. And they said I look like you," she said and nudged my shoulder.

"Oh come on, I'm much prettier than you."

"But I'm the mature one," she says jokingly

"Oh yeah? Mature you say? Wait, let me think if there's one time you did something so mature."

"Oh, don't start with that. You won't like it," she threatens me with a laugh.

"Why does it have to be a wolf though? I mean, the genre of your story."

"Why not?" she asks me, "I mean, let's have something unique there."

"Okay, I'm just gonna go and take a shower before we leave."

"All right, I'll wait," she says happily.