【 C h a p t e r 4 9 】

Jonathan's POV

Jonathan's POV

I looked up and we just circled back in her place.

"Are you kidding me? We walked like a mile or something and we just landed here?"

"It's because I'm testing you, you know, it's hard for me to like men. I mean, it's not that I despise your gender but to say that you guys are almost temperamental to things like this one."

"Oh, don't compare me to them, I'm far more superior than them." My words attracted a lot of men who glared at me.

"Words, Jonathan. Be careful of what you say, sometimes the words you portray to yourself are the opposite. And you're acting like that now," she says, infuriating me. I just sighed.

"Okay, fine. I'm sorry, now where do we go from here?" trying not to sound mad.

"50th floor, I put it there because of the scenery it can give." We went inside the elevator and it went up seriously fast.

"Fair point, but don't they feel... you know?"

"Nauseous how fast this is? There's a normal elevator beside this because this is a VIP and there's a restaurant in the lobby," Anita said. I try not to get fumed by that and just bite my lower lip tightly. "So, where is your assistant?" I was caught off guard and accidentally bit it harder, it bled and I just sucked it.

"She's on vacation, she deserves to rest for a while. Now that you talk about her, I wonder what she's doing."

Angelica's POV

On the contrary, I thought this place was beautiful but not. It's almost ethereal, I've dreamt of this for a long time and I'd never thought that I would be enamored by such a place. Then a thought brushed in my mind, there are lots of kids outside, maybe I'll cook and give it to them.

"Hey, how are you doing?" the caretaker asked me.

"I'm great, but do you mind?"

"Mind what dear?"

"Can we help those children? I can't just stand here and do nothing, it's irritable for me to not do anything to help them and to feed them once in a while."

"Oh dear, you have such a pure heart. No wonder he chose you to be his acquaintance, or whatever it is that you guys are trying to hide. You know the chauffeur Jonathan is my husband, he tells me everything that happens there. So that I am updated by what happened, you know, you are the first one to be his acquaintance... given that his stubbornness is really on the way." Then he just came up into my mind, Jonathan, how are things there?

Jonathan's POV

"Uh, hello? We're already here, you must've spaced out just because I mentioned her name."

"Sorry, something just boggled my mind. Perhaps she was just doing fine, no one knows."

"Stop worrying about her, worry about me. Worry about us." by that, I was caught off guard and stared at her for a long time. What is she saying? Us? What about us?

"I'm just kidding, we still have a lot of time to get to know each other." I sighed in relief.

"I know that already, anyway, what's the fanciest food you got here?"

"Ooh, asking already? Well, we have a variety." A waiter pops out of the corner and she just snaps her finger, the waiter nods as if he already knew what it is.

"So, Mr. Tall guy. Why are you finding yourself a suitor instead of your mother?"

"Do not be stereotypical about this one, I just want to experience what it feels to have a suitor. Nonetheless, I don't care in the end." Anita flinched at my words and I just raised my eyebrows in amusement.

"Well, then why are we doing this? Is this for you to play me? To try me?" She said out loud and some people stared at us.

"If you're that sensitive then we shouldn't have been doing this, and what's not to try this?" She smacks her lips in anger, I don't know what I'm saying but maybe that must've hurt badly. Then she just brushes her hair and looks at me.

"Okay, here's the deal. If I ever make you fall in love with me, then we'll go straight to marriage. But if I... ended up only to be the one to love you, then we'll end this nonsense."

"Deal, " I smiled at her, and her upper left lip twitched to one side, and rolled her eyes at me. After a while, the waiter came with a lot of food of course on their tray cart. I'm filled with delight. The waiter leaves to serve others and Anita looks at me.

"Bon Appétit!" The foods I've seen before when I was traveling around Europe are here and their smell is delicate enough to eat, some are known here and their desserts are pretty much known too. When I tasted it, I was confused. Like something is missing.

"Why? Does something matter?"

"No, it's just that, Angelica. My assistant is a chef in Beon-Yeong, I kinda miss her cooking."

"Oh, is that so? Maybe that Angelica is something to you." I didn't answer that but focused on trying to enlighten her.

"Your food is delicious, I mean that— literally, I've been visiting Europe back then and I've never tasted one like this before. They're unique," I said and she just smiles.

"Well, Monroe Estates have chefs all over Europe and maybe you're quite envious of how successful I am." Anita starts to boast about others, but all she says was that she's just proud of it.

"Now that we're done eating... Maybe I'll walk with you back to your room." She suddenly looks at me like she just died.

"Oh, um, before that. Let's walk some more to digest what we ate because I hate going into my room full, I'd feel bloated when we did that."

"Okay, then where are we going first?" I asked her.

"What? We're just walking, we're not gonna walk to a store or something like that. So don't be so hard on me and let's go." I looked at Anita with confusion, am I that hard on her?