【 C h a p t e r 7 】

Jonathan's POV

Jonathan's POV

I was left alone outside, and I scratched the back of my head, thinking if that was harsh of me to say that. I can't just say out loud that I'm Nathan; she won't believe me either way. I went back inside, and a fire alarm broke out, making every employee head out to the fire exit. I came across Angelica and asked her what had happened.

"Why did the fire alarm break out?" I asked her. She shook her head without saying anything and headed out.

"Madison, what happened."

"We don't even know, we were inside our workplace, and suddenly the fire alarm broke out, making every one of us head out."

"Okay, where's that coming from?" She looks at me with one of her eyebrows rising.

"Your place," she answered.

"What?" I raised my voice at her.

"I said–" I cut her off immediately by running and going to the elevator. I keep pushing the button to go up, but it's making me slow down.

"Dammit," I told myself. I sprinted off through the staircase and stopped when I reached my floor. I saw the boy running away as soon as I opened the door.

"You, why are you running away?" I asked him

"I can't stay at this place; they'll know I'm here." His voice is trembling in fear

"Who will know that you're here?" I pushed my questions at him

"They'll know, they'll know, they'll know...." He keeps repeating 'they'll know' over and over again

"I said who?" I raised my voice again, and he stopped running and murmuring.

"The rabid, " he looks at me, his voice becoming dark and husky.

"I ended them a hundred years ago," I exclaimed.

"That's what you thought." He shrugs and doesn't face me.

"After all these years, they made a new name; they call themselves 'Cazador.' After you and your pack banished them and let them make you think you killed them, they escaped and went to Spain. I turned my back on them because I couldn't kill them. They are not my people anymore; they held them captive and killed them when they're feasting for flesh." He clenched his fist.

"They've come to end me, then why save me?" He asked me.

"It's because one of my employees saw you bleeding," I answered him with honesty.

"She shouldn't have saved me." He turns around and snaps his neck, he collapses on the ground, and a distant voice booms out at the staircase.

"Sir Jonathan?" A voice of a female, she kept repeating.

"Sir Jonathan! Are you there?" Her voice becomes crystal clear, Angelica? She opens the door and I hurried to stand in front of the door, she jumps out of fear when she sees me standing.