Out(Onety-Onety-Three)

Luke's POV(Fifteen Years Old)

I was almost sick with nerves. I'd only ever told Milo before and I've been waiting almost two months since I decided to tell my dad. First, I blamed my hesitance on waiting to find a time where all my siblings were out of the house, when it was just the two of us and we could talk.

But there have been plenty of times like that. And still I put it off. I think I'm just scared. I don't really know why I'm scared. I just am.

But I just turned fifteen and I'd be going to Camp for the summer any day now, and I at least wanted to tell him before I go. And today might just be my last opportunity. Ariana was over at Sammy's house and the twins were at the Grace's.

I had been holed up in my room all morning, trying to work up enough courage to go downstairs and talk to him. Finally, I pushed myself off my bed and before I could change my mind, I pushed the door open and strolled down the stairs.

Dad was in the kitchen getting ingredients together for lunch.

"Dad," I said, "I need to talk to you." My hands were shaking. He turned quickly, frowning in concern. I probably sounded quite panicked and my face was flushed and my hands were shaking. 

"Yeah, sure," he said quickly, following me to the living room. I sat down shakily on the couch, feeling weak in the knees, and he sat on the chair across from me.

"What's up, Luke?" He asked softly, attempting to calm me down a bit.

"Dad, I'm...I'm..." The words caught in my throat. I could tell that Dad knew where this was going, but he waited patiently for me to finish.

"I'm gay," I said.

He smiled. "That's awesome."

My eyebrows knit in confusion. "It's...awesome?"

"Well what do you want me to say? This changes nothing."

And suddenly the weight was off my shoulders. I could breath again suddenly. I was so relieved and I realized that I really shouldn't have been so worried in the first place. I know my dad's love has no boundaries. I should've known that nothing I said could've ever changed how much he loves me. And for that I am grateful.

After talking for awhile, Dad sighed. "The kids will be back soon and I have to make lunch. Do you want to run over and get them?"

"Sure, Dad," I said.

"Love you!" He called as I slipped out the front door.

"Love you, too, Dad."