Milo's POV(Hundred-Six)

This is the start of a new generation.

I want a dog. I've asked Mom and Dad about a million times but they keep saying no. 

"We have you three animals already," Dad said once. I mean, sure, Sammy and Rose can be classified as animals, but certainly not me!

Actually...you know what, never mind. Anyway, doesn't every ten year old deserve a puppy? Right? I mean, Luke has a hellhound. I'm just asking for a regular puppy. 

Anyway, I was sitting alone at the kitchen table, daydreaming about dogs when my dad approached me. He slid into the seat next to me, a contemplating look on his face.

"I think you're old enough now..." He murmured to himself.

"Old enough for what?" I asked, instantly enraptured.

He smiled mysteriously. "You know the stories about the Prophecy of the Seven?" He asked.

I scoffed. "Of course I do."

"And the ship I built?"

I couldn't help the swell of pride at those words. My Dad was one of the greatest demigods of the age. He built a huge warship for the quest. I nodded eagerly.

"You wanna see where I built it?" He asked. My jaw dropped and my eyes went wide. I nodded vigorously.

He laughed, rubbing his hands together so they steamed a bit. "I'll tell your mother where we're going. Put on some work clothes."

I scrambled to do as he said and ran to my room. When I came back down wearing old jeans, a white t-shirt, and some old suspenders I stole from Dad's closet(I'd seen pictures of his typical work outfit), I hurried down the stairs.

Dad was waiting for me in similar attire. Mom came from the kitchen and sighed at our matching appearances. She hugged me, kissing the top of my hair, all the while I squirmed to get away. "Have fun. And be careful."

"Oh always careful, Mom. All the time." She raised an eyebrow and turned to my dad. "I know the state of that bunker. You make sure you watch him."

"Yeah, yeah," Dad said, smirking. He kissed Mom(ew) and pushed me along out the door.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"It's at Camp Half-Blood," he answered.

When we were passing by the Emily's house, we saw that Frank, Hazel, and Emily were all outside in the front yard, five year old Emily splashing around in a kiddie pool.

"And where are you two off to?" Hazel asked.

"Bunker 9," Dad answered secretively. Hazel raised an eyebrow.

"Aright, well have fun. Make sure to build something awesome, Milo," she said. 

My eyes lit up at the prospect of building something awesome with my dad in a secret 'Bunker 9'. Today was shaping up to be the best day ever!

"You'll love it," Dad was saying as we passed through the portal. Instead of going into Camp like usual, we veered toward the woods and a shiver of fear shot through me. 

"Aren't the woods dangerous?" I asked. 

"Yes," Dad said and kept walking. I hastened to keep up. Dad had his hands on fire to light the way and he didn't seem frightened in the least! I was reminded how brave my dad is. I grabbed hold onto his hand(it was still burning but it didn't bother me) and he seemed to realize for the first time that I was scared.

"Oh, Milo, nothing will ever hurt you while I'm here. You don't have to worry. And when you're old enough to go to Camp, they'll teach you how to defend yourself."