Hazel's POV(Seventy-Three)

Edited 10/30/18

It's Thanksgiving and we're spending it at Camp Half-Blood. We've left all the kids with some responsible campers outside to play around. It's a little chilly, a light snow dusting the grass.

It's about 3:00pm and we saw Luke running by. "Luke," Frank called after him, "do you know where your dad is?" Luke jogged back. "He's in Cabin 3 with Ari. The twins are napping."

Then he took off before we could say anything else. So we made our way to Cabin 3. Our entourage includes myself, Frank, Jason, Piper, Leo, Calypso, Reyna, Will, and Nico.

As we near the cabin, we can hear soft music drifting through the air. I picked up my pace a little and when we reached the door, I put my ear up against it to listen, the others following suit.

Piano music was being played delicately from inside. We peaked through the open window and saw Percy sitting at the keyboard Annabeth got him for Christmas all those years ago. Ariana sat on the bench next to him. Percy finished the song he was on and asked her a question. He nodded and started to play again.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in. But I can't help falling in love with you."

Ariana's singing was surprisingly beautiful. She sang softly while Percy played the piano. I had no idea he'd been practicing or how he'd gotten so good.

"Shall I stay, would it be a sin. If I can't help falling in love with you.

Like a river flows, surely to the sea, darling so it goes, some things are meant to be."

Piper slid to the floor and closed her eyes, listening intently.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you."

They finished the song and Ariana turned around and looked right at us. We tried to duck away, but she just smiled at us. Turning back to Percy, she whispered something about the babies wanting another song so they could keep sleeping.

Percy started playing again. This one I recognized as I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Zayn and Taylor Swift, except he played it really slow and sad. Ariana didn't miss a beat and started singing to the sad tune.

"Been sitting eyes wide open behind these four walls hoping you'd call. It's just a cruel existence like there's no point hoping at all.

Baby, baby, I feel crazy, up all night, all night and everyday day. Give me something, but you gave me nothing. What is happening to me?

I don't wanna live forever, 'cause I know that I'll be living in vain. And I don't wanna fit wherever, I just wanna keep calling your name, until you come back home."

I could tell by the way that he was playing that he was playing from the heart. He felt the lyrics deep within himself. The words his daughter was signing struck a chord in him. Annabeth's death is still so new to all of us and the grief will catch us off guard. Her death was hard on all of us, but I can't even imagine what's going on in Percy's head, in his heart.

It's Nico who finally works up the courage to open the door when the song is over. "Percy?" He calls softly.

"Uncle Neeks!" Ariana squeals, running forward into his arms. He smiles and swings her around before setting her down so she can give hugs to everyone else. I walk forward with Nico. "Are you alright?" Nico asks, leaning against the wall. "I-yeah, I guess so. I don't know," he answered, still staring at the keyboard.

I sat down next to him and wrapped him in a hug. I could feel his tears on my cheek even though he didn't make a sound. Nico sighed as if resigning himself, and sat down on Percy's other side and joined in on the hug.

Piper cleared her throat. "I'm hungry. I have to eat for two here if you didn't notice. Let's go eat!" Percy cracked a smile. We heard squeaking in the corner and Percy and I walked over. Ethan and Bianca were both awake and squawking in their cribs.

Percy picked up Ethan and started whispering soothing things to him. I picked up Bianca who whacked me in the face with her little fist. Nico chuckled from behind me. 

We walked from the cabin and to the Big House, gathering the rest of the kids on the way. We sat around the ping pong table that held many war councils, and ate our Thanksgiving dinner, all of us together, not just as a group of friends, but as a family.

Hey guys! Just wanted to say that the two songs I used are "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley, and "I Don't Wanna Live Forever" by Zayn and Taylor Swift.