Powers(Hundred-Two)

It was a pretty normal day, honest.

We'd been moved into our new house for a couple months now. Everything was going relatively smoothly.

At the current time, Jason, Piper, and I were sitting on the couch in the living room watching Ariana perform a ballet routine. She had Piper put her blonde curls up into a bun. She was wearing her black leotard and pink tutu and ballet shoes, prancing gracefully about the living room.

The twins were both sleeping in their cribs, Malia sitting on Piper's lap. Luke and Riley were playing in Luke's room.

Soft music played and Ariana looked so focused, her face screwed up, her tongue sticking out the side of her mouth a little...it was quite adorable. Malia grinned, and giggling, she started to clap her hands together excitedly.

Ariana grinned at the reaction and I could sense her mother's pride seeping into her movements. Maybe that's what did it.

Because her footfalls got heavier and the ground started to shake. I caught Jason's eye and frowned. He raised an eyebrow. I shrugged and he nodded. It was a whole conversation.

The tremors were getting bigger the more she put into it. She was getting excited, I could tell she knew it was her that was moving the ground.

Before long she wasn't even doing ballet anymore, just stomping around. I could feel myself started to grin, my daughter was developing her powers.

I slid off the couch and onto the floor, pressing my hand to the carpet and stilling the great tremors. As soon as she found she had no effect she stopped and looked at me.

Her face was lit up with excitement. "Daddy, did you see that? I was shakin' the floor!"

"Yeah I saw that!" I said. "That was pretty cool, huh?"

She nodded eagerly.

"I'm gonna go show Luke!" She said excitedly, stomping off. As soon as she left, I let out the breath I had been holding. 

"My life just got ten times harder just now," I said. Jason laughed and patted my back. "Good luck with that," he said.