Nico's POV(Twenty-Seven)

Edited 8/17/18

(August 28th)

I got suspicious the minute Will knocked on my door. Okay, so we still lived at Camp Half-Blood, and I still slept in the Hades cabin(though I redesigned it so instead of coffins, there were normal bunks, and Will insisted I put in some windows so there was some natural light in here).

Anyway, when I opened the door, he had on black dress pants and a white button up, with his yellow tie(a gift from his dad a while back that literally glowed) and carrying a bouquet of roses. I crinkled my nose up at the sweet smell of the flowers, not willing to admit how hot he looked in that outfit.

"Ugh, what is this?" I asked. Will rolled his eyes playfully and pushed me back inside my cabin. "Put something nice on and meet me in the woods in five," he winked and shut the door in my face. Which doesn't make sense because I'm supposed to shut the door in his face.

I decided to follow orders and threw on my gray sweater that Will got me(with skulls on it) and my only pair of black skinny jeans that don't have holes in them.

Heading out the door, I picked up a stray rose that Will must have dropped on his way out. I played with the skull ring around my middle finger(I liked to keep it on that finger because it accentuated my favorite gesture) and fiddled with the thorns on the rose.

Entering the woods, I kicked at the grass and the twigs with my "gay shoes" as Will calls them. They are simply rainbow converse, the rainbow pattern being the LGBT flag.

I caught a glimpse of Will sitting alone on a picnic blanket in the middle of a clearing and I jumped behind a tree. He was just whistling softly, checking his watch every once in awhile.

I snuck around from tree to tree, light footed, never making much of a sound, blending into the shadows being my specialty. Once I got close enough, I jumped out, yelling in the process.

Despite sitting down, I'm quite positive that Will jumped two feet off the ground. "Schist, Nico, what the hell was that for?" He asked, trying not to let his smile slip through his scowl.

I shrugged and sat next to him. "Explain," I stated bluntly. "What, I'm not allowed to take my boyfriend on a surprise date?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow. Will looked way too fidgety and nervous for this to be a normal 'surprise date'.

"Um...I ordered a pizza," Will shyly stated. I'll have to admit I wasn't expecting this super fancy surprise date in the woods to be featuring pizza, but hey, I'll take it.

And so we ate pizza in the light of Will's tie and a gas lantern.

Finally Will decided to make a move. He pulled something small out of his pocket and turned to me. My cheeks heated up when I thought it was a condom for a second, but then I realized it was a ring. To be honest, that confused me even more.

Will's cheeks were red as well and he looked extremely flustered. "Neeks? Um...would you do me a favor and marry me?" He asked. I found myself nodding and he slipped the ring on my finger, right next to the skull. This one was a band of what I assumed to be Celestial Bronze, with little suns engraved on it. My eyes watered and I glanced up at Will. I swallowed hard.

"You expect me to wear this?" I asked, my voice cracking. "Yeah dummy," he answered, leaning closer. "Okay," I whispered and kissed him.