Jason's POV(Seventy)

Edited 10/30/18

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

It was early October and the twins were almost a month old. Riley would be turning three in April. We were all sitting around the Poseidon cabin, Piper braiding Ariana's hair and me holding Ethan. He had been screaming for half an hour before Percy, through tears, had finally been able to calm him down. Now he was just setting Bianca in her crib after getting her to fall asleep.

Riley and Luke were chasing each other around and throwing a football, even after countless attempts by Piper to ask them to stop. Percy sighed dejectedly and sat down on a bunk with his head in his hands. Piper finished with Ari's braid and walked over to Percy.

"Get some fresh air, Percy. We can handle the kids for a little while."

His eyes were wide. "Thank you. I need a break." Having said that, he grabbed something off the counter and headed out the door.

Time skip...

Percy hadn't come back half an hour later and I started to get worried. I asked Piper about it and she agreed that it was a little concerning. She volunteered to watch the kids while I went out to look for him.

I checked the beach first. He wasn't there. I asked the nymphs to search the bottom of the lake. He wasn't there either. I was really starting to get worried now.

I ran to the Big House and informed Chiron of the problem. Chiron immediately called for a search party. We looked for two hours, covering the entire camp, and we didn't find him anywhere. We also alerted Frank and Hazel and they went to the current Praetors who also called for a search.

Two hours turned to three and we started getting desperate. I wracked my brain trying to think of where he might've gone. I was scared. Percy isn't exactly in a safe state of mind at the moment. I searched around the edge of the woods again and then circled back to Half-Blood Hill.

A couple new campers were trailing me. Or they weren't exactly new, they just weren't at Camp when I was. What I found at the hill actually calmed me a little. I let out a sigh of relief and the camper next to me asked what was going on.

"Percy's car isn't here. I think I know where he went. Tell Chiron," I said and with that, I shot into the air and flew off into the city.

I arrived at the brick apartment building and took a deep breath before entering. I hopped in the elevator and pushed the button that had a 6 on it. After about 30 seconds the doors opened and I walked a few feet before coming to apartment number 600. I'm pretty sure Percy picked that one for Olympic reasons.

I reached for the door handle and found that the door was slightly ajar and a tremor went through me. I didn't bother knocking, instead just pushing the door open and calling Percy's name.

There was no answer and I immediately went to work searching the whole apartment. I checked the kids' rooms first. Nothing. Bathroom. Nothing.

Lastly, I pushed open the door to their bedroom. Percy was sitting there on the floor, back against the bed, staring at the wall. Tears were streaming down his face and he didn't acknowledge my presence. I did a quick scan of the room and my eyes found a prescription bottle and a handful of pills sitting on the dresser.

"Percy," I started toward him, my voice caught in my throat. "I wasn't going to do it," he said quietly, studying his hands. "I know," I said, offering him a hand and pulling him up. He sniffled and I pulled him into a hug. We didn't say anything else, but we didn't really need to.

On our way out of the apartment building, Percy kept his head down with his hands in his pockets. I sent Piper a text saying I found him and we're on our way back.

We drove through a Dairy Queen and got ice cream and then headed back to camp.