Jobs(Eighteen)

Edited 8/5/18

So I went to work like normal and Annabeth went to her job with Grover posing as her intern. Monsters had been quiet and I got a raise because I 'am absolutely perfect for this job'. My boss has no idea how I get along so well with the fish.

Anyways, Annabeth is working her way up in the ranks as well and she is leading a team in building a new skyscraper in New York. She's really trying hard to get the blueprints and all the directions done so the project isn't jeopardized when she has to stay at camp.

She's about five weeks along so far and we haven't really had any monster attacks yet. That is, until I heard Grover screaming in my head.

Percy! It's Alecto! She's trying to get Annabeth!

Is Annabeth with you?  Is she safe?

For now, yes. But you should get over here. The baby will start to attract more monsters soon. She should go to camp.

I sighed and ran out of the building, calling to Mr. Lars on the way out, telling him I needed to go.

I whistled for Blackjack and he came right away and we flew over to the Architectural building. One quick glance told me that Grover and Annabeth were hiding behind a pillar and Alecto was barreling right towards them.

I jumped off Blackjack and the ground shook as my feet made contact with the ground. That's something else I discovered BTW. I can also make earthquakes which is pretty cool.

Alecto stumbled for balance and then took to the skies, using her leathery bat wings to carry herself to Annabeth and Grover. I leaped after her and grabbed onto her back, catching her in a headlock. I lost my sword somewhere below me and we were getting higher and higher as she tried to shake me. But hey, at least I got her attention off of them.

I tried to use my weight and lean backwards, and she fell for a good five seconds before she righted herself and took a nosedive towards my wife and friend.

I felt Riptide reappear in my pocket and I uncapped it and held it in front of her neck. Pushing off of her, I catapulted off, taking her head with me.

She burst into golden dust right on top of Annabeth and Grover, me landing a few feet away. Annabeth was breathing heavily and Grover bleated. "Thanks man," he said.

"Camp," I said to Annabeth.

She glared at me and I took her hand helping her up.

"Camp," she agreed.