Jason's POV(Ninety-Seven)

Okay, so it was a little weird getting used to everyone living on the same street, but it was really nice being so close to each other. It reminded me of the old days, all of us on a ship together, off to save the world. Except now we've lost some and added some to our group.

California Novembers are definitely not as cold as New York, that's for sure, but they are a bit chillier than the regular scorching sun. The Squad was going for a walk around New Rome for awhile before Reyna, Frank, Hazel, Percy, and I have to go to a senate meeting. Everyone else that isn't Roman is in charge of babysitting. 

I stayed near the back of the group with Piper. She was carrying Malia on her chest and I had Riley sitting on my shoulders. She was looking thoughtfully at the ground as we walked. Looking ahead I saw Leo chasing Sammy around Calypso's legs, Calypso trying not to trip. Rosalie was in Calypso's arms and getting lectured about setting things on fire. 

Milo and Luke were skipping ahead, and Maria, Ariana, and Emily were playing a mini game of tag. Percy, Nico, and Will were talking about who knows what, Percy pushing a stroller with Bianca and Ethan in it. 

Reyna and Juniper were a few paces behind them, each holding one of the babies and talking. Grover was holding the third one, but he was talking with Hazel and Frank. 

Piper gave me a pointed look and gestured to Riley. I set him down. "Hey bud, go catch up with Sammy."

As he dashed off, Piper said, "I want another child, Jason."

I was stunned at first. "Well yeah, I would love that, but you know what Will said-"

She didn't let me finish. "I know what Will said! That doesn't mean I have to like it!"

Maybe I should explain. Multiple doctors, including Will, have told us that having more kids is not a good idea. Piper has a lot of trouble on the fertile side of things. We've already had two miscarriages and the doctors have agreed that getting pregnant again wouldn't be healthy for the baby or Piper. But I also knew how important it was for Piper. 

We walked another few paces before Piper turned to me excitedly. "What about adoption?" I thought about it. "Yeah we could look into that." Piper smiled and rested her head on my shoulder as we walked. Malia poked her head up and gave me a toothy grin. I ruffled her hair and she laid back down.

"Hey Jase, where're we going?" Hazel called. I shrugged. "Just keep walking. We'll get there soon." Percy turned to look at me, raising an eyebrow. 

We arrived soon enough to the secret garden of Pax, Roman goddess of peace. Reyna and I used to come here all the time after War Games to chill with Dakota and Gwen. It was secluded and hardly anybody knew where it was. 

It had lush green grass with flowers blooming everywhere and a little pond that was so blue and clear, you could see every shiny stone at the bottom and every colorful fish swimming in it. The whole garden was the epitome of peace. 

It also had a calming aura that instantly affected all the crazy children that were previously running around. "Whoa, what is this place," Leo muttered, looking around in amazement. 

"This is the Garden of Pax," I said. "Does Pax mind if I change diapers in her garden?" Percy asked, a sour look on his face. "I'm sure she doesn't mind," I said. 

"How do you know?" Leo asked. "I'm a priest, remember?" "Touche."

After diapers had been changed, we talked for awhile about adjusting to life in California. Of course, I'd lived here all my life, but it was certainly a change for others *cough* Percy and Leo *cough*. Percy said he quite his job to move here, and he was hoping to get a new one soon.

"I'd like to try explain to my boss my new address in California and how I get to work in the mornings," he said. "Makes sense," said Frank.

"California's definitely got a different heat, that's for sure," Calypso commented. "Not as hot as me," Leo added, lighting his hand on fire for emphasis. 

"Oh shut up," Calypso shot back with a smile. 

"So um, what time's the senate meeting?" Piper asked. Percy checked the time. "Oh shit. Yeah I guess we should go to that."

And thus we attended a boring senate meeting.