New Years Eve(Fifty-Two)

Edited 9/3/18

A couple days after our traditional Christmas with the Squad, and it was already New Years Eve. Annabeth and I and the kids were sitting in our living room, watching the countdown on the TV. We could actually hear the real thing from here if we opened the windows and listened carefully.

We had all been cuddled up on the couch in our pajamas and fluffy blankets when the countdown started.

TEN

Ariana wrestled out of the blankets and started dancing around, squealing.

NINE

Luke shrugged and joined his sister on the dance floor.

EIGHT

"Oh what the heck," Annabeth said and threw off the blankets.

SEVEN

She jumped off the couch and offered me her hand, a huge smile on her face even though it was almost midnight and we were all tired.

SIX

We were all counting along, screaming at the top of our lungs.

FIVE

Ari held out her arms and I picked her up, sitting her in my hip as we watched the ball drop.

FOUR

Luke hopped on the couch behind Annabeth and jumped on her back, getting a piggyback ride.

THREE

I glanced over at Annabeth and Luke, and then Ari in my arms.

TWO

My heart filled with love for my family. I kissed Ari on the cheek and then Luke on the forehead. Annabeth caught my eye and I leaned closer to her.

ONE

I planted a kiss on her lips and held it for a couple seconds, until Luke stopped us by yelling how gross we are.

"What's your New Years resolution?" Annabeth asked.

"I want to learn to skate board this year," Luke stated proudly. "Do you?" Annabeth asked, surprised. "Yep! Just like Dad used to," He said.

I smiled and ruffled his hair. "And you?" I asked Ari. She pondered the question for a few seconds. "To be Apunzel," she said finally. I was confused at first, but then remembered that Disney's Tangled is her favorite movie and she wants her hair to be long just like "Apunzel's".

Her blonde curls already reach the middle of her back. She looks just like Annabeth except for her eyes. She got her eyes from me.

"How about you? What's your resolution?" I asked Annabeth. "To finally get this project done!" She said, talking about the big building in the city that's she's been working on for months. I knew it had been frustrating her for quite some time.

"And what's yours?" She asked me. "To make more babies," I said with a grin. "Percy!" She smacked my arm and walked into the kitchen. "I can't even deal with you right now."

"What does that mean Dad?" Luke asked curiously. "It means—" I was interrupted by Annabeth. "Eh eh eh, none of that. You two need to get to bed, it's midnight," she said.

After getting the kids put to sleep, we crawled into bed and I kinda just laid there, watching Annabeth. "So?" I finally asked. She sighed, "well let's see what we can do about that resolution, hmm?"