Not What I Expected

Start from the beginning

"I never wanted P'Arthit to lose his friends," I explain, "He shouldn't have to lose them because of me."

"Jay is talking to him today," P'Namtam puts in, "We talked and are back together. Honestly, I love him more than I should, which is why we fight often. Jay and I were wrong, always putting Arthit in the middle. Especially since we both knew how he felt about me, we were mean in that regard, and I won't blame him if he doesn't forgive us."

"I am sure he will eventually," I encourage, "You have been friends for too long for it to end so easily."

"I hope you are right," P'Namtam sighs, "I want you to know we won't be telling our parents or Arthit's parents that he is dating you. We wouldn't do that to him or you. And I hope it goes well for you."

"Why do you hope it goes well?" I ask, curious about the answer.

"You make him happy," P'Namtam shrugs, "I want my friend to be happy. Isn't that reason enough?"

"You can call him Oon," I concede. "I am sorry I got jealous about that. You are right, and you have been calling him that for longer than I have."

"But you were right also," P'Namtam counters, "Jay and I both lost the right to it considering how we treated him. Maybe after we get back to being friends, I will take you up on it, but for now, I think I will call him Arthit. You need a special name for him, not us."

"I have a special name for him," I smile, "He is my Sun, and I am his Moon."

"Wow!" P'Namtam laughs, "I never knew Arthit could be this cheesy."

"I am the cheesy one," I smirk.

Arthit's POV

I am waiting for Kong to finish at the booth. Finally, it is the last day of this evil festival. My boyfriend will no longer have to kiss everyone who has a ticket. Fifteen more minutes, and he is all mine. My phone buzzes in my pocket, and I pull it out, expecting a message from Kong telling me where to meet him and freeze when I see it is from Jay.

Jay: Can we meet?

Oon: y

Jay: Please. Just you and me.

Oon: k where

Jay: your canteen in 5

Oon: k

Hopefully, whatever Jay wants to say doesn't take too long. I don't want to keep Kong waiting because of this person.

I am sitting at a table in our canteen when Jay walks up, and I frown at him

"You are late," I growl. "What do you want?"

Jay stops walking to the table and stares at me. I am getting pissed.

"I asked, what do you want?" I repeat.