Lovesick

Knott's POV

Prem is staring into space. I have called him several times, and he hasn't even flinched once. I pick up my textbook and hold it over the table before I drop it. When it hits, everyone in the library looks my way, including Prem. Finally, after twenty minutes, he is looking at me.

"Are you trying to get us kicked out of here?" Prem growls.

"No," I hiss, "But I didn't know what else to do to get your attention. You have ignored everything. What is wrong with you?"

"I would like to know that too," Tutah says, sitting down with the books he had gone in search of for our project."

"Where is Ai'Bright?" I sigh, "I knew I shouldn't have sent him with you two."

"There was some girl," Arthit grumbles when he sits down. "You know what comes next."

Tutah holds up a phone. "I have his phone, so he will be back when he realizes I stole it out of his back pocket.

I look over at Prem to continue our conversation to see he is not paying attention to us. I growl, looking at Tutah, "Explain him to me."

"I don't know," Tutah shrugs. "But Ai'Prem walked into a girl's restroom yesterday. You should have heard the screams."

An eraser flies past me and hits Tutah on the side of the head. "You think that is funny?" Prem snarls.

"Yes, I do!" Tutah throws the eraser back at him. "What the hell is wrong with you? If I didn't know better, I would say you are lovesick."

"Ai'Tutah," Bright stomps up, "Where the hell is my phone?"

I grab it off the table before Bright can get to it. "I will keep it for now," I say, putting his phone in my backpack, "I am tired of you skipping out on us. When we finish, I will give it back."

"But a girl wants to give me her number," Bright whines. I hand him a Post-It and a pencil. "What am I supposed to do with this?"

"Seriously?" I snort. "Give me that!" I take them both back. "Give him a book, Ai'Tutah." I look at Bright, "You know what to do with one of those, right?"

I look at the other idiot at the table and sigh. I give up.

Prem's POV

Walking out of the library, I walk past the basketball court. I shouldn't be here. I am the one that asked for a break, not him. It is me that needs to get my feelings in check. He just started to trust someone here, and I do this to him.

I don't know what I did that made him aware of how I feel. I wish I could do last weekend over so I can undo whatever I did. I know I am right to pull back. Giving us space will help my feelings calm down, and when they do, I can be his senior. Pulling out my phone, I read the last message he sent me.

Prem: I need some time alone.

N'Wad: y?

N'Wad: What did I do wrong?

N'Wad: P'Prem Tell me.

"You did nothing wrong," I sigh as I run my hand over N'Wad's name. My heart hurts at the number of times I have ignored his calls and messages. Without N'Wad, I feel lost. I sit down on the bench where I had watched him play basketball. Watching the students playing, I imagine N'Wad there. Tutah is right. I am lovesick.

Sitting here is pointless. I should go back to my dorm. Getting up, I trudge back to my dorm. But I want to see him.

"Sawasdee Khrap," A student says in passing.