Mating Season

A/N: Hello readers. Chapter 18 is here. Hope you enjoy.

(Makarov p.o.v)

It's been three months since Natsu and Kairi were attacked by Black Cross.

I'm just glad they and their exceeds came back safe and sound, but Natsu and Happy went off and haven't came back for a whole month already.

It appears Natsu found his and Kairi's dragons then stayed to catch up with them. Not that I blame him, those dragons did raise him and his sister

Speaking of Kairi, she still has that scar on her cheek from Black Cross attack, but it doesn't faze her. She was fighting with Erza and Mira again.

Natsu seems to hide something. Every Friday, he goes on a job with Happy and comes back at Sunday even though those jobs would last only at least one day.

I told Lisanna to tell Kairi to meet me in the office.

After we both were inside my office, I motioned her to sit down and looked seriously at her.

"Alright, Kairi. I know that Natsu is hiding something. He and Happy are going every Friday on the job and returns every Sunday. Can you tell me what is he doing?" I asked sternly

She shrugged "Sorry, Master. We didn't want you to worry. He went with Happy on some island to train because of what happened three months ago."

I raised an eyebrow and asked "Why didn't he told anyone else about this?"

"He told me to say that if anyone asks me, but for some reason I forgot about it by accident." she said

I nodded silently before asking "Let me guess. It's mating season, isn't it?"

Kairi's face got pale and I grinned. It seems our boy Natsu has finally grown up. I knew he wasn't much of an idiot!

"How did you know?" She asked in panic

"I am maybe old, but not old enough not to find out what my brats are doing. Also, I know that there is more about dragon slayers than it meets the eye. Now tell me, who is this lucky lady?" I asked while still grinning.

She nervously replied "I haven't met her yet. Natsu peomised that Tina I will be the first ones to meet her. Please, promise me you won't tell anybody about about this."

I laughed "Don't worry, my child. Your secret is safe with me. He better treat that girl right, otherwise I'll have to discipline him."

Kairi sighed in relief. Then I asked "How is it going between you and Freed?"

Her face got redder than Erza's hair and she almpst fainted. She asked "How did you know about THAT?!"

I laughed "I noticed how you and Freed stare at each other from time to time. I also found out that you done it last summer. And here I thought he is in another team. Well, you know what they say: don't judge a book by its cover."

She rubbed her scar and said "Well, I guess you're right. Never thought that a guy like him would be my mate. You won't tell anyone about that neither, will you?"

I shook my head "Nah! That's none of my business. My brats deserve to have some privacy for themselves. When you and Natsu are ready, you will introduce them to the guild. By the way, is this girl using any magic?"

She nodded "Yes, she uses celestial spirit magic. Don't know how much keys she own though."

"Hmm, a celestial wizard. We don't have one of those in our guild yet. But she can join only if she wants to. I won't force her on anything. You may go now" I told her.