Lepus and Lupus

A/N: New chapter, everybody! I hope it will be better this time. Anyway, I just want you to read this book in order. I don't like when people skip parts. That's all. Enjoy!

(Lucy p.o.v)

1 year passed since the attack of the Black Cross. That night still haunts me in my dream. My blood is boiling, my thirst for revenge just keeps growing. I'm becoming more and more angrier when I think about Black Cross.

After a week of the incident, I started to work as independent mage, I managed to do a job and I got 50,000 jewels. I was sleeping in the woods though. Aquila was watching every night first hour after midnight so they don't come again. I'm lucky that some spirits can close gates on their own.

I managed to collect two more keys, even though they weren't of the zodiac. They were Lepus the Hare and Lupus the Wolf.

Now, I'm going to do contracts with them. First was Lepus, then Lupus.

I took Lepus's key out and chanted "Open! Gate of the Hare, Lepus!"

Then out of golden light appeared a woman with black hair tied to a ponytail, she also had black bunny ears on her head. She was dressed like a ninja and also had bunny tail on her rear. She also had a sword in the sheath on her back and couple of shurikens hanging from the belt of her hips.

She looked at me with serious yet kind expression

"Hello, child. My name is Lepus. I presume you are my new master, correct?" she asked me

Not wanting to be rude to my new friend, I replied with a smile "Yes, I am Lucy!"

"Lucy, what a pretty name for such a sweet little girl." she said with a smile

Suddenly, her face became puzzled and she said "Hmm, I see."

"What is it, Lepus?" I asked her confused

"I can see what are you hiding behind that smile. Anger and hate, but at the same time pain and sadness." she answered

I looked away, uneasy. Lepus noticed that and said "If you don't want to talk about it, then I won't force you. But if you need help like training or anything like that, I'll be happy to help."

I turned to her and asked curiously "Like what?"

"Well, like increasing your magic power and hand-to-hand combat. And, if you want, I can teach you how to use a sword when you grow up a little." She said

I replied "Sure, I would love that."

"Very well, dear." She said with a smile

"Alright. So, when are you available?" I asked

"Well since you need a training, from monday to friday." she answered

"Alright, that's fair." I replied

She nodded and said "Very well, I'll be going now. See you later, Lucy."

After that, Lepus went back to celestial world. Then I took out Lupus's key.

I chanted "Open! Gate of the Wolf, Lupus!"

Then the huge werewolf appeared infront of me, he had grey-blue fur and yellow glowing eyes, was wearing an silver armor, silver greaves and silver boots. He also was carrying a war hammer.

He looked at me and introduced "Hello, little one. My name is Lupus. May I ask what is your name?"

"My name is Lucy." I answered with smile

He grinned "Alright, Lucy. Do you want to form a contract now? Or do you have any questions?"

"I do have one. What kind of magic do you use?" I asked

"I fight using my war hammer. But when there is someone my size, I fight with my bare hands." he answered

"Okay, so when are you available?" I asked him

"From monday to friday." He answered

I replied "Okay."

"Alright, the contract is done. I'll be going back to celestial world now. Goodbye, Lucy." He said as he went back to celestial world

I sat by the nearby river, taking out Aquila's key. I was staring at it, remembering the first time I summoned Aquila

(Flashback)

I was in the garden, with Aquila's key to summon her for the first time.

I chanted "Open! Gate of the Eagle, Aquila!"

Then my first spirit appeared infront of me, rather pissed "Alright! Who wants to get zapped!"

I shivered at the sight of her, until she noticed me.

"Oops, sorry dear. I didn't mean to scare you. My sister pissed me of entire day." she said with a smile

I was shocked at how quickly her mood changed. She then said "I'm Aquila. What's your name?"

"I'm Lucy." I answered

"That's a very pretty name. So, Lucy. Do you want to do play a game with me?" She asked with a smile and I nodded.

Then we hung out the entire day, until it was time for dinner, after that I went to sleep

(Flashback ends)

That was the best day of my life. Aquila is kind to me, she is the first friend I ever had.

I'm glad that I have Aquila and two new spirits with me. They are the only friends I have now.

"Black Cross, your days are numbered. You will suffer for every crime you ever commited. And I'm going to enjoy it." I said with hatred and sadism

I hate them with all my heart. They are my worst nightmare, I'm not going to stop until every single one of them is behind bars or dead. But...

'Will I ever have a family again...' I thought sadly

A/N: I'm finished with this chapter. I know it's similar somewhat to the original one, but this time I made it a little better. Chapter 2 will be out soon and it will be how I originally planned it, and it will not include Sorano. Anyways, see you in the next chapter. Bye! P.S: This video belongs to Nightcore Explosion, not me.