The Night of the Closing Ceremony - Humanity's Comeback, Part 2

Начните с самого начала

'Cadet Y/N L/N. Outstanding in every class and training. Never failing to impress me every time. Through academics, all of his peers seek his help, including Cadet Arlert. Through physical attributes, he knows how his body works. His sword and 3D maneuver skills are beyond that of Ackerman's and Braun's combined. No other words can describe how highly skilled L/N is.'

Now that I have gotten everyone down, it is time for the hand-to-hand combat training.

Y/N's POV
Later That Day...

The training wasn't over yet...right now I'm with Reiner and Eren practicing their hand-to-hand combat. Reiner charged towards Eren, knife in hand. Eren got ready. As soon as Reiner was in front of Eren, Eren placed both his hands on Reiner. One on his wrists and one on his chest. As soon he came into contact, he flipped Reiner over him and fell onto the ground.

Reiner: Ouch!

Eren: Sorry, man. I suck at holding back.

Y/N: (claps)Good job, Eren! Just the way I taught you. And soon, there will be a time where you can't hold back and you have to go all in.

Reiner just groaned. I helped him up.

Y/N: Okay, Eren. You play the bad guy.

Eren stayed still for a minute.

Eren: Why do we have to learn this? It's not like we'll have a fistfight with the Titans and go against other people. Only a fool would go into a fight without a weapon.

Reiner: That's irresponsible thinking.

I nodded.

Y/N: See the people around you. Some of them are actually training and some aren't. These people are in the corps so they can just fly away from the Titans, not fight them.

Eren: Why?

Reiner: Because we're human. And soldiers either fight or run away. We master artillery and hand-to-hand combat, that's what we do. Okay, Eren. Just watch me take Y/N down.

Y/N: What? Why me?

Reiner: Because you haven't moved an inch after the Titan training.

I sighed and took the knife from Eren.

Y/N: Ready?

Reiner nodded. I charged towards. I watched Reiner's hands and feet.

'It looks like he'll do the same thing Eren did to him. Let's change it a bit.'

I ran faster and lowered my whole body. I pushed against his legs and he fell. I swiftly got on him and pointed the knife at his heart.

Y/N: (smiles)I win.

Reiner: How did you?

Y/N: I could tell that you were going to do the same thing Eren did to you.

Eren: How?

Y/N: I studied his movements first and then went for it. The biggest defenses can have it's openings to.