{ CHAPTER 93 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did ya miss me?"

"I literally talk with you on a daily basis --- why the fuck would I miss you?" 

Ignoring the shocked faces from the rest, Kaze turned around to face Sora with a small frown, arms crossed across his chest. 

"It's not every day you get to talk with my awesome human form, geez," he pointed out with a tsk. "And a little thank you wouldn't be so bad, y'know."

Sora raised a confused brow and was about to give Kaze her thanks from saving her (despite her completely not needing it) when Vladimir interrupted their conversation. 

"Kaze," the man called. "the sword that calls upon the winds. Why show yourself after all this time?"

The playful expression on Kaze's face was immediately wiped out at the sound of his voice. He slowly turned around to send him a straight look with a hint of hostility in his eyes. 

"Since you pulled such a bullshit move, I decided to risk it and ease the burden off my master," he shot a wary glance at the living weapon that was currently in the form of a human just like him crouching beside Vladimir. "And I've got a promise to fulfill, a person to protect, and a butt to kick."

Vladimir narrowed his eyes. "If this promise you're referring to relating to Sharle or that vile man, you know full well that it's pointless."

"It's Umi, you 800-year-old twat," Kaze snapped. "She's way long abandoned that name. And don't you dare badmouth Reno-san."

Sora immediately perked up after hearing the apparent mention of her parents. This was the first time she had heard of 'Sharle', and based on what Kaze just said... 

"Oi, Kaze," she quietly hissed through clenched teeth, loud enough for only both Law and Kaze to hear. "what the fuck is happening? I thought you said you weren't gonna help me anymore because you were gonna get 'punished'."

He curtly peered over his shoulder. "Truth be told, I'm surely gonna get punished for what I'm doing right now," Kaze looked back in front, locking eyes with the other living weapon at the other side. "but that just means I gotta finish this guy off before the old geezers from the Middle Realm find me. Easy."

"Besides," he added as a small memory came to mind. 

Unamused, Umi rolled her eyes and looked back in front of her. "I thought you aren't supposed to be strutting around like that."

The man scoffed. "I'm not 'strutting' around. And yes, I'm not supposed to turn into my human form, but Reno-san specifically told me to watch over you while he's away for the meeting with the Kouzuki clan. I can break a rule or two for my master."

"..I can break a rule or two for my master."

He was about to walk away when Sora shot out a hand and grabbed a handful of Kaze's hair, jerking his head backward while her eyebrow twitched.

"Ow -- ! Hey, watch the hair!"

"Hold up, sword," Sora's frown deepened, ignoring Kaze's cry of protest from her pulling his ponytail. "this is just getting more and more confusing. Earlier, he said he knew mom but I don't trust him. What exactly.. is that bastard to my mother?"

Meanwhile, Law was listening at their exchange wordlessly while keeping his guard up against the group at the other side of the hall. Based on what that... gun-turned-to-human displayed just a few minutes ago, he knew that just one word from the scientist will make the living weapon pounce on them.