{ CHAPTER 32 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Considering everything Sora had went through, you'd think landing on a cursed island was on her bucket list.

But nope, it wasn't.

All the girl ever asked for was to go back home, and by 'home', she means the sub.

Enjoying a normal day while training, teasing Clive a bit or sitting back, relaxing while having a drink.

Hell, maybe she'd have some fun annoying the surgeon at around this time.

Sora was still gaping at Cairon, her new cow friend which was not Chiron the greek centaur dude, he says, when she snapped out of it.

"Cursed?" She repeated, the horrible information finally dawning on her.

"Cursed." Cairon nodded, confirming it.

Honestly, Sora thought he would say something like 'Haha, LOL, it was a joke'. Sadly, the guy was serious.

Now that she thought about, was Cairon even a guy?

I mean, looking at him, he was really similar to a cow, except for his limbs, head, and.. that's pretty much it.

Just then, another realization hit her. Well, I wouldn't call it a realization, since it was more suspicion. Anyway, Sora decided to voice it out to the guy... or cow... or just.. cowguy.

"Don't tell me," She started, eyes wide. "The curse turns you into a half-cow, half-human?"

Cairon raised both brows at her statement. "Hah? Your guess ain't even close."

Sora's widened eyes turned to pure confusion. "Then, why are you wearing a cow overalls?"

Cairon looked utterly shocked and offended, something which told Sora that it weren't his usual expressions. "Oh my kami, you don't just ask someone why they're wearing cow overalls."

Sora let his answer sink in before she eventually lifted her shoulders in a shrug. "I guess so. Okay then."

Cairon turned back to his work as Sora just stared at him. After a while, she propped up her legs on tbe wooden chair and sat cross-legged as the sound of metal hammering another filled the cave.

There were so many questions left in Sora's mind, but after being told that the very ground she was standing on was cursed, it sent her brain to a sort of mess.

"Can you tell me more about this.. curse, or whatever." Her question didn't even sound like one anymore.

Cairon continued hammering but replied nonetheless. "Every once in a while, someone gets washed on the island's shores or somewhere near it."

"And?" Sora prompted, slightly leaning forward. "Were they able to leave?"

Cairon snapped at her, casting a glance. "Let me finish."

"Right," Sora drawled, replacing her excitement with an expressionless one. "Go on."

"Anyway," Cairon continued. "Like I said, people washing away here are a part of the curse. Even if you were stranded in the middle of nowhere, someway or another, you'll find yourself near the coasts of Ogirya."

"I honestly don't know how," He confessed, shrugging. "Just that... there's some serious magic shit involved in there. Eventually, those who were washed away here managed to leave."

Sora waited a few seconds for him to continue, but when Cairon didn't say anything else, she decided that he was finished talking.

Silence followed their conversation, Cairon's words sinking deep in Sora.