{ CHAPTER 49 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora stared defiantly at the pirate in front of her. It wasn't the best greeting, but the girl didn't have the time to pull out a chair and brew some tea while having a leisure chat with him.

"Wow," she sighed loudly, shaking her head, "am I that famous already to have a supernova stalking me?"

X-Drake didn't react to her remark. He was already informed of the girl's obnoxious attitude.

Seeing how he didn't take her bait, Sora tried a different approach. She placed a finger on her chin while pretending to think. "It can't be," she mocked gasping, "do you have a crush on me?"

Sora inwardly wore a triumphant smirk at the sight of the man's eye twitching.

She shook her head, shooting Drake a sympathetic look. "Tssk, tssk.. I guess it's understandable.. I mean, who can resist this?" Sora gestured to herself.

"Look, I don't how to put this nicely, so I won't. You're not my type."

X-Drake pinched the bridge of his nose. It's a miracle how someone can manage to piss off a composed man like himself in a span of two minutes after meeting.

He eventually recovered. "Don't worry, I don't and will never see you in such a way."

Sora frowned. Well, that was offending.

Nonetheless, she got the reaction she expected.

The brunette mentally congratulated herself. One way to get someone to spill something is to make them lower their guard. Messing around like this increases the chance for the supernova to talk.

"Anyway, jokes aside," Sora kicked back, folding her arms and thrusting out a hip in her infamous 'sassy pose'----as what she would like to call it. "why are you following me like a lovestruck teenager?"

Unfortunately for her, X-Drake was too cautious and smart. "I can't tell you."

Sora didn't hide her frustration as she slightly grimaced. Okay, guess she underestimated him. The girl replaced her disapproving expression with a grin.

"Oh? Playing the mysterious stalker? I'll play along, then."

Drake didn't understand what she meant until she started walking back into the alley, passing by him.

Sora smirked. If he's as determined as the girl thought he would be, the supernova would continue to follow her.

Drake mentally cursed. She was toying with him. The man closed his eyes and sighed, reminding himself that this was just a temporary annoyance.

He turned and regretfully followed the girl.

It's not everyday a supernova rookie pirate follows you around.