{ CHAPTER 11 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

The navy captain clenched his jaw while gripping the wanted poster in his hand, tightening his grip.

"...Are you a pirate?" He asked, motioning for his soldiers to stand guard.

What kind of idiot would say 'Oh, yes! I'm a pirate, come and let's play chase around the island!'? However, Sora, being Sora, just had to be an idiot.

The brunette, who was looking at them over her shoulder, slowly turned her whole body to face them. "You got a problem with it?" She countered, inwardly smirking. If not for the smoothie she was currently drinking, she would've looked more intimidating.

"We are the navy." The man replied through clenched teeth. "It's understandable that we have a problem with anyone who claims to be a pirate."

"....Oh." Her lips formed into an 'o' before taking another slurp. "...Well, that's completely none of my business, though." She stated, turning around and continuing to walk.

The marines knitted their eyebrows together in confusion, giving each other looks before turning their heads to their captain, awaiting his orders.

"Where do you think you're going?" He called out, taking a few steps forward as the girl stopped again.

"..no where, really." She replied, shrugging her shoulders without looking back. "Just taking a stroll around. Wanna have a walk with me?"

The man, having fed up with her character, started to run towards her. "Don't think you'll leave that easily!" He yelled, ordering his men to follow after him. Taking up their weapons, they followed pursuit, letting out a battle-cry.

Sora smirked and turned around. "Now, now, excited, aren't we?" Gulping down her smoothie in one go, she threw the plastic at the captain right at his face, making him pause from running and stumble a bit.

"Wha---?!"

Throwing the plastic cup aside, the man was met with a punch to his stomach as he was sent flying backwards, taking out some of his soldiers in the process. The soldiers who weren't hit stared behind them as they processed what happened, before looking back in front wearing glares.

As soon as they continued to run, Sora unsheathed her katana, twirling it around her fingers so that it was positioned backwards. As they were a good distance away, the girl then slashed her sword diagonally, creating a huge gust of wind as it sliced the pavement, forcing the marines to stand on both side while those who were unlucky were sliced along.

Through gritted teeth, the remaining soldiers quickened their pace and reached Sora, engaging in a sword fight. Now this was the time the brunette felt frustrated. She wasn't that experienced in close combat using swords, and as a result, Sora received a slash on her shoulder, causing her to curse under her breath as she got down and pulled a roundhouse kick on the nearest marines.

Looking around, she could see more of them coming at a fast rate with guns, swords, raised above their heads. Sora muttered something under her breath and gripped Kaze's handle, slicing it in circular motion as another huge gust of wind appeared, making the marines fly all around her.

"Give me a break." She mumbled, staring at the horde of marine soldiers running towards her.

Pathetic.

I've no time for you, Kaze.

She gave her katana a glare and prepared herself for the second wave of marines. The villagers who were on the spots a few moments ago were now running away hurriedly, far from the brunette's spot.