{ CHAPTER 54 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the day after the battle with Kizaru and the marines.

Sora didn't know what to say when she saw the whole crew crowding behind Law and looking over his shoulder, who was sitting on a chair and reading a newspaper. With their foreheads wrinkled and brows furrowed, the brunette wondered what was in the newspaper that made all of them wear such solemn expressions.

She just woke up and arrived in the galley, which makes her late since she was supposed to be awake an hour before and start preparing breakfast. Still, no one bothered to wake her up anyway.

Whatever is in the newspaper has got to be important.

Bepo was the first one to notice her. With his nose twitching at the familiar scent, the fluffy white bear looked up.

"Sora-chan, good morning."

All heads snapped and followed. Except for Law. The surgeon's movement was more languid.

Sora nodded at the polar bear and walked over towards the group. "So.. what's with the quiet atmosphere?" Before someone had the chance to reply, Sora had already reached them and wordlessly snatched the newspaper from Law's grip. A tick mark popped on him.

The girl's eyebrows shot up at her head at the contents, eyes quickly skimming through the general information.

Actually, she didn't particularly care about news. After all, there was Law, who could always just tell her when the need of knowing arose. Sora liked to read, of course, but she didn't like reading news. 'Boring stuff', she always says.

She didn't think much of the consequences of her actions from yesterday's battle. That's why when she saw her wanted poster below the front page and a small "190 million bellies" printed across, Sora wasn't exactly that surprised.

"They increased your bounty, Sora." Natsu finally chimed, beaming up as if he was proud of her.

Several comments from the crew shot out, shattering the silence that settled down in the galley when Sora first stepped in.

But the girl herself paid no mind to them. With her attention still glued on the newspaper, her eyes focused on the front page top headline.

Sora wasn't surprised at her own bounty. No, she definitely wasn't.

Even though she knew it was coming, it was still a shock to see "Fire Fist Ace's Oncoming Public Execution" right there staring straight back at her.

Law frowned at the sight of Sora fixated on the newspaper. He thought she would surely gloat about her new bounty, flaunting the fact at his face.

But as he watched Sora blankly staring at the papers, Law figured she was focused about something else. Certainly, the only other thing that would catch her attention would be the news of Whitebeard's 2nd commander, Portgas D. Ace, and his soon-to-be execution.

Breakfast was already done (Natsu offered to cook since Sora was late), and the crew had already dispersed, off to their daily routines.