{ CHAPTER 86 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll stay here."

Law frowned at Sora's statement. They were currently still at the Flower Fields and Kyros was busy fighting against Diamante, allowing him and Luffy enough time to go up to the palace and get to Doflamingo.

Sora figured she'd just get in the way if she'd come with them, so she had told Law to leave her here and focus on kicking Doflamingo's ass. 

For a second, Law doubted his ears. 

Did Sora just say that she wanted to stay put ? Her? The Sora? The 'I-can't-stay-in-the-same-place-for-more-than-5-minutes-or-else-I-will-die-of-boredom' Sora?

At the surgeon's dumbstruck look, Sora mutely sighed, lightly pushing herself away from Law so that she wasn't leaning against him for support anymore. It was short but she'd gotten some rest at least.

"I'll get in the way if I come with you guys," she explained, willing her body to avoid staggering so as to not look too pitiful. "so just go."

Law looked like he was about to say something more, but Luffy had already yelled at him to hurry up because he 'can't wait to kick Doflamingo's ass'.

"I'll take care of her," Rebecca declared as she walked beside Sora and wedged her shoulder under Sora's right arm, supporting the older girl.

After what seemed like an internal debate, Law finally gave a slight nod and headed inside the palace together with Luffy using his devil fruit abilities, transporting the both of them inside.

"You didn't have to go up and say that, princess," Sora muttered after Law and Luffy disappeared.

Rebecca shook her head and gently laid the brunette on the ground. "You took care of me earlier, this is the least I can do for you, Sora-san."

For the next few minutes, Rebecca tore a piece of her red cape and wrapped it around Sora's wounded shoulder, covering the blood-soaked bandages. Sora grunted and winced as she tightened it into a knot. 

"This is all I can do for now," Rebecca frowned lightly, guilty of her helplessness in the current situation. 

Sora tried moving her shoulder, rolling in for good measure to get used to the new restriction. "No, it's plenty of help. Thanks."

Rebecca parted her lips to give a reply but the hairs standing on Sora's neck snapped her attention. Whipping her head, the brunette pushed the younger girl with her good hand away and raised the same arm in front of her as a hardened, elongated rapier whammed into it.

Thank God she was able to imbue her arm with Armament haki before the elongated rapier of Diamante hit it. 

The impact caused Sora to grit her teeth as she shakily stood up, sending a shivering death glare to the executive in the distance.

"Focus on your own fight, asshole!" 

Kyros sent a quick apology about not being able to keep Diamante from hitting them before the both of them engaged in another series of exchanges. 

Sora muttered a curse while lightly massaging her shoulder. She needed to endure the pain just a little while longer. It didn't sting much right now compared to earlier, anyway.

"W-woah!"

The sound of Rebecca yelping brought Sora's attention back as she felt the ground she was standing on started to... bloat?

"What the hell -- ?!" Sora tried to keep her balance as several areas of the flower field began to be filled with what seemed to be inflated balls, gradually increasing as if it was being pumped by gas.