{ CHAPTER 84 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In this chapter, we get to see Sora finally admitting that making fun of a sensitive huge stone-man's squeaky voice is not a smart choice.

But could you blame her?

Actually, yes. Partly. Because the other half of the blame goes to Luffy.

You see, it all started about an hour ago... 

"No."

Law blinked, as if Sora's refusal to his order was such a complex answer and he needed time to comprehend it.

 "Sora," he said in a low tone, "you're staying here at least until Nico-ya and the others arrive. You have a 500 million bounty on your head right now, and strutting around a country who wants you dead isn't a smart move."

Sora leaned against the large stray boulder and sighed exasperatedly, one might have thought that the order of staying on the former Royal Plateau was such an arduous task. 

"It's not like I'm gonna willingly go get myself killed, you know," she muttered, averting her gaze from the surgeon's face. 

"Don't be stubborn now."

Sora sighed again. "You ask so much from me."

"I'll take that as a 'yes'."

When the brunette didn't reply, Law curtly nodded and stood up, walking over towards Luffy and Zoro, with the Strawhat captain and himself engaging in a conversation. Probably about the next course of action they should take now that they were caught in Doflamingo's annoying Birdcage.

Sora stared at Law's figure, eyeing his cuffed hands. Now that she thought about it, how did he even manage to bandage her shoulder with his hands rendered like that?

"Is your shoulder okay?"

Sora looked over and saw Violet stalking to her, her eyes scanning the ground as though she was looking for something. 

"My shoulder's seen better days, as you can see," Sora replied, "let me guess, you helped Law bandage me up, didn't you?" 

Violet answered with a nod, still looking around the rocky ground of the plateau. "I did. You're welcome."

Sora observed as the former princess continued to skim her eyes across the ground. 

"What are you looking for, anyway?" She finally asked with a slight frown.

Crouching, Violet turned over a rock and shook her head lightly, clearly disappointed when she found nothing. "The key to Trafalgar's cuffs. I'm sure it fell around here somewhere."

Sora lifted a brow at her statement. Before she was able to offer help though, a glimpse of an extra figure in the corner of her eye caught her attention and she looked over to see an old man with graying hair, before realizing that it was the same person she saw back in Doflamingo's quarters who was tied up in the corner. Sora almost forgot about him.

"Who's the geezer?" Sora asked just as Violet lifted her gaze and gave her a raised brow, mildly perturbed at the mention of referring to the ex-king of Dressrosa as 'geezer'. 

"King Riku Dold III," she continued her search on the ground. "the rightful king of Dressrosa, had not Doflamingo come 10 yeas ago and steal the throne through uncouth means." 

Sora noted the bitterness underlying the princess' tone, but she didn't prod further. With a hum, the brunette straightened her back, shifting her position and wincing ever so slightly when the pain in her shoulder shot up.