{ CHAPTER 40 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora finished her glass of water in one big gulp.

"Haaa.." She sighed, putting the cup down on the counter. It was 8:00 in the morning, and with most of the crew still sleeping, Sora took this time to enjoy the peaceful morning after yesterday night's somewhat-chaotic events.

The girl looked out the window and saw a clear blue sky. Seemed like it was gonna be a good day.

"Woaaah, you're up early." Sora's attention was shifted as she saw Natsu enter the common dining room. "Had a good sleep?"

Sora's face stiffened, a clear sign that her answer was 'No'. "Well, seeing that a certain someone had the song 'I will Always Love You' by Whitney Houston playing non-stop on the radio the whole damn night, I don't know," She paused, "What do you think?"

Natsu pressed his lips together and formed a tight line, wearing a forced-innocent face before exclaiming, "But they had a radio, Sora!" He reasoned out, as if that was more than enough a reason to disturb a functioning adult's well-needed sleep.

Sora rolled her eyes. "Forget it, I don't care anymore so it's fine."

That sentence made the redhead feel nervous. When girls say that, it usually means the entire opposite.

However, something else popped into his mind and he quickly changed the subject. "Oh, right, about yesterday night----"

"I don't want to talk about Clive breakdancing in his boxers this early in the morning, thank you very much."

"Huh?" Natsu frowned, before cringing. "No, that's not it. Besides, I don't wanna talk about that too. But anyway!" He said. "What happened between you and the captain? You know.. you went to his room, right?"

Sora was leaning against the counter, her body facing Natsu but her head was looking outside the window while having her arms crossed. After that question, however, she slowly shifted her gaze at the redhead, who was smirking ever so slightly.

"We talked," She stated.

Natsu waited for her to add more, but she didn't. So what happened was the redhead eagerly leaning forward a bit while having this stupid grin on him. When he realized that that was it, he frowned.

"And?"

"That's it."

"Huh? Nothing else?" He asked with unbelief. "Nothing happened?"

"Nothing worth mentioning." Sora looked pretty bored as she tilted her head to the side. "Do you have anything else left to say, Mr. Interviewer?"

"Eh..." By the look of his face itself, it was evident that he was disappointed. "Nah.... none."

Sora nodded and pushed her body away from the counter, now heading towards the doorway the led to the room, passing by Natsu.

"I've already eaten breakfast, so if ever someone asks, just tell them I'm walking around the island."

Natsu's frowned deepened as the brunette disappeared from his sight. Seriously, all those waiting for a half-hearted answer. To think that nothing actually happened was boring.