{ CHAPTER 57 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora's parents met in the most non-romantic way possible.

There weren't any heart eyes, no dramatic background music, no electric sparks----nothing.

Their story started way back 900 years ago, when the Great War of the Void Century was still ongoing...

The rays of the sun illuminated on the surface of the calm waters of the Grand Line. Occasional splashes of waves caused by the wind and currents to overlapped, emitting the nature-like sound one would hear when they are near the ocean.

In the distance lies a lone island, its dense green forest already visible even at a far distance.

Two men were standing on the shore of the beach, hauling fishnets.

"We've got quite a catch today," said the man with the farmer's hat.

His partner shot him a glance before donning a winning grin. "Yup. Maybe this would be enough to feed the whole clan for a week."

"With the war going on, it's been hard to-----" the one with the farmer's hat paused mid-speech, his forehead creasing. "Do you feel that?"

His partner stopped hauling. "Feel what?"

The first man looked around. "A faint chi... but it's not one of us."

At his words, the second man dropped the net on the sound. "An intruder?"

"It's coming from there, behind the boulder."

Cautiously, the two men walked towards where the source of presence was, behind the boulder on the shore not too far from where they were standing.

When they were just beside the rock, they exchanged knowing looks before finally stepping around it.

The first man's eyes widened. "What the---"

"Call the chief, hurry!" the second man urged on, his eyes never leaving the peculiar thing lying down on the sand.

Without another word, the man with the farmer's hat sprinted towards the forest, heading back to the village. The other man stayed, his wary eyes inspecting the object they've found.

If it were just any normal day, they would have had different reactions to the thing, but this was war times. Any strange occurrences should be dealt with caution.

There, lying down on the sand, was an unconscious girl.

"So what should we do with the girl?"

A man with brown hair looked up from his clasped hands, eyeing the other authoritative council members around the table.

The group was inside a huge round tent, where the usual gathering of the council would be held whenever there were meetings.

"I have already assigned my son to watch over the girl. Once she regains consciousness, we will bring her into interrogation."