{ CHAPTER 21 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clive found himself slashing an innocent tree trunk while letting out a battle cry.

The blond looked around him, Sora's sword raised in preparation just in case. As far as he knew, he was in the forest, but since Clive could hear the sound of waves nearby the blond figured he wasn't that far from the clearing and the seashore.

Sure, he was kind of freaked out as to why he was suddenly transported here, but then thought about Sora. The blond immediately sprinted to where the sound of the waves were coming from, hoping that he wasn't too late.

•••

"What the---?!" Argus raised a brow while still gripping the dagger that was parrying with the nodachi of the stranger.

"Who the fuck are you?"

Law replied with a strong push of his sword which caused Argus to be pushed back, skidding a few meters away.

"You don't need to know that." The pirate said and held out his palm facing the ground. "Room."

Panic started to well inside Asparagus as he saw his surroundings turn blue. Looking around himself, he raised his dagger. "What are you doing?!"

The surgeon smirked at his petrified reaction. "You don't need to know that, either."

Law positioned Kikoku, its tip pointing at Argus and slashed it in a wide arc.

"Wha--?!!" The man's eyes widened when his upper body was lifted into the air, leaving his lower one on the ground. He let out a scream and twisted around, terrified of the sight.

The pirate gave another more slash. Argus' body was now cut in 3 parts neatly on the ground.

"What the---HELL?!" His severed head exclaimed. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME YOU BASTARD??!"

Law sheathed his nodachi and turned around, ignoring him and looking at Sora who was sleeping while propped against the tree. His eyes trailed down and saw the stain of blood on her shirt, her hand just on top of it. The girl was probably thinking that the flow of blood would halt if she'd cover it with just her hand.

"DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME? OI, COME HERE YOU PIECE OF SHI—mmrrphhharguh-!" Without turning around, Law lifted a finger and a rock found its way into Asparagus' mouth, muffling his voice.

With the man's cries now shut out, the surgeon crouched down beside Sora. He lifted the girl's hand from her stomach and inspected the wound. He frowned upon realizing that it was worse than he thought it would be.

Just then, Clive came into the view, bushes rustling as he saw the scene before him. Argus split into 3 parts and Law right beside Sora. The blond then quickly walked over towards the two. He passed by Argus head—who looked like he wanted to kill him, but if you took into account a severed head with a rock in his mouth you'd find it hard to take him seriously.

Upon nearing them, Clive saw Sora's wound and got worried and guilty at the same time. If you think about it, it was practically his fault this happened. Sora would've beaten the pulp out of Argus the moment he arrived if not for the previous wound she got from protecting him.

The blond decided to apologize later. As soon as he was just a few steps from reaching them, he called out. "Sora---"

He was cut off when Law slipped both hands under the brunette's knees and neck, lifting her up. The surgeon turned around saw Clive standing there, looking at him.