{ CHAPTER 79 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When morning came, Sora was feeling a wee bit light headed. 

Groggily, the brunette opened her eyes and sat up, only then realizing that she had in fact slept on the sofa in the dining room. 

Since her mind was still in a blank state right after waking up, it took Sora a few seconds to register the sizzling sounds and the mouth-watering aroma reaching her nose. She turned her head to see Sanji behind the counter, preparing breakfast. 

"Sora-chan, good morning," the blond cook called upon seeing that she had already woken up. "Are you hungry? Breakfast will be in a while."

Sora blinked a few times. "Oh.. I'm okay. I'll just wait, then."

Sanji nodded and brought his attention back to his current task. "If you're looking for Law, he's outside with the others, by the way."

And then it dawned on Sora. 

It was as if the mention of her captain's name was the needed trigger as the scenes from the night before came, slapping Sora right in the face. Immediately, the drowsiness in her mind had washed itself away. 

Holy fuck, did I just--- Sora paused, palming her face with one hand while the other messed her hair. Wait a minute, how did I end up on the couch after----after that?

Before Sora was drowned in her thoughts, Sanji called her name, which had made her jolt in surprise. She brought her attention back to the blond and responded. 

"While you were asleep, the others gathered at the deck earlier and read the morning newspaper. Seems like Doflamingo kept his side of the deal."

At the news, Sora's eyes widened, her hands lowering on her lap. For her information, Sanji took it upon himself to share everything that they had talked about on the deck earlier. 

Apparently, after the news of Doflamingo's withdrawal from the position of Shichibukai, Law had contacted him via Den Den Mushi and told him that they were going to hand over Caesar in Green Bit at 3 pm the next day. However, that part of the plan is only for decoy. While one group was busy with Caesar, another will look for the SMILE factory and destroy it. 

"Why didn't anyone wake me up?" Sora asked after Sanji's explanation as she swept her legs to the side and stood up, stretching. Sure, she needed that sleep after her travel from Zou to Punk Hazard, but she didn't want to miss any more important meetings. Especially since they were facing a Shichibukai this time. 

Sanji didn't move his attention from his task but replied, "Chopper volunteered to wake you, but Law told us to let you sleep for a while." 

In the middle of her stretching, Sora froze, blinking wordlessly. That surgeon did? Hearing that took her by surprise, but she managed to mask her emotions by clearing her throat. 

"Is that so.."

Right then, the door to the dining room flew open, and the others had piled in while commenting about the good aroma and how they were hungry. Nami was the first one to notice Sora and she greeted her with a warm smile. 

"Oh, Sora! Had a good sleep?"

The rest of the crew had also greeted her along, to which Sora replied with a nod and a small greeting of her own. The sight of a familiar hat caught Sora's eyes as she locked gazes with Law, who was the last one to enter the room.