{ CHAPTER 44 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hoshi, that was supposed to be a flat."

"Oh, right, my bad." Hoshi gave her sister a sheepish smile. "Let's play this part again."

Sora nodded and turned her attention back on the piano in front of her. They were currently at their apartment, playing musical pieces that Hoshi found in the heap of abandoned boxes at the corner of the room.

Sora managed to steal a glance of Hoshi looking intently at the score sheet while playing the violin. Even though she does make small mistakes here and there, Sora did notice Hoshi's improvement ever since she accepted Morizuna Setsu's offer and is now under her.

"We did it!" Hoshi beamed and hopped a little while Sora smiled and turned the stool she was sitting on to face Hoshi.

"Are you gonna join the violin competition this year again, Hoshi?" Sora asked, even though she already knew the answer.

Without wasting a beat, Hoshi replied, "Of course!"

The older brunette only smiled at her sister. Of course, both of them attend competitions each year. Why did she even ask?

"You're gonna do great," Sora said. "As always."

Sora watched in the sidelines as people flocked to Hoshi, congratulating and complimenting her, with her teacher Setsu standing beside her.

Both the piano and violin competitions were held in the same day, so after Sora's performance, they quickly rushed to Hoshi.

"Onee-chan, let's take a picture!" Hoshi beckoned over for Sora to come, which she did.

Together, they held up their certificates as Hoshi's teacher took their picture.

Hoshi proudly showed her 'first  runner-up' award with both hands, a huge smile etched on her lips.

Sora had her 'fourth place' raised a bit lower than Hoshi's, wearing a small smile.

At age 12, Hoshi graduated from her grade school as top student in her class.

"There we go," Sora muttered as she placed Hoshi's certificate and gold medal at the shelf beside her graduation picture.

Taking a step back, the brunette evaluated her work before letting out a satisfied smile.

"Thanks for putting it up there, nee-chan." Sora looked over her shoulder and saw Hoshi right behind her, the latter giving her one of her usual smiles.

"No problem," Sora looked back in front. On one side of the shelf were lots of awards and certificates, trophie, as well as belts from the karate club which were all Hoshi's achievements.

Sora moved her gaze to the other side of the shelf, which was her own side. There were indeed awards and certificates too, but one look at both sides of the shelf was more than enough a sign that Hoshi was more of an achiever than her older sister.