{ CHAPTER 43 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora was 8 years old when she joined her first piano competition.

With a deep breath, the brunette stepped out onto the stage, her footsteps echoing inside the hall.

As Sora walked on the wooden stage, her gaze focused on the black piano at the center. Even she could tell that the way she was walking was pretty stiff. Plus, with all the intent vibes the audience was emitting, it was adding to the pressure.

A few scenarios ran through her mind. She'll probably trip and make a laughing stock out of herself. Or she'll make a mistake, or probably even have a mind block right before she plays her piece.

Sora reached the center and turned to the audience before giving a bow.

"Sora-nee!"

Sora looked up and saw Hoshi at the back row seat, standing and waving her hand with a big smile. Although she did get told off by one of the audience.

But for a moment, she was all Sora could see.

Then, as if magic, the brunette felt the pressure disappearing.

She smiled at her, making Hoshi's grin widen. With new-found confidence welling up inside her, Sora straightened and turned around, approaching the piano.

The brunette pulled back the stool and sat on it, adjusting herself until she was at a comfortable distance from the piano.

With hands on her lap, Sora breathed in and closed her eyes.

Look at me, mom.

Opening her eyes, Sora lifted her wrists and touched the keys.

"Onee-chan!"

Sora turned her head towards the direction of the voice and felt the tips of her lips lifting as she saw a little blonde running to her.

Hoshi squeezed Sora's legs tight, her cheek rubbing on her. "Good!" Hoshi exclaimed, looking up at her. "Sora-nee did good!"

Sora resisted the urge to laugh and ruffled Hoshi's hair instead. "Thanks, Hoshi."

The 4-year-old toddler giggled. "Sora-nee is the best!"

"This is Sora Gravelier, and she will be joining us from now on," The instructor announced as Sora timidly stood beside him, fidgeting with her hands while sweat was trickling down her forehead.

She decided to join her school's karate club, but looking at all the serious faces of her soon-to-be fellow karate-friends, Sora was having doubts.

"Nice to meet you all," the brunette managed to say without her voice cracking and bowed. "Please take care of me."

Well, seems like she'll just have to exert some effort, then.

Hoshi was 6 years old when she was enrolled in her first grade.

By then, she was already smart and friendly, and people seemed to flock naturally to her. Being charismatic was one of her charms, after all.

And it was also at the age of 6 where she discovered her talent in playing the violin.