{ CHAPTER 90 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The misty fog was getting thicker.

Sora frowned at the realization as she looked around, narrowing her eyes when she couldn't visibly see the waters up ahead. It was still around 3 a.m., and she and Law were still out on deck.

"Is this normal?" Sora asked, straining her Observation haki just in case an unknown.. unwanted obstacle were to pop out of nowhere.

Law tightened his grip on his nodachi, mirroring Sora's frown as he, too, looked around. Though considering the thick fog surrounding them, it was getting harder and harder to make things out in the distance.

He didn't feel too good about this.

Just as Law was about to warn Sora and tell her to keep her guard up, a sudden bleary sensation filled his chest, causing a reeling vertigo to enter his head as the pounding feeling made the surgeon's vision blur.

Law tried to shake his head and blink the dizziness away, but before he could so, a figure contorted in the distance, the person's silhouette forming into someone who looked familiar to him.

Law visibly froze, unmindful of the throbbing in his head and the funny feeling in his chest anymore, as he realized who the person was.

On the other hand, Sora wasn't faring any better. Bringing up a hand to hold her head while her other hand gripped the wooden railings, the brunette groaned at the drumming ache and she swore she was about to pass out when she saw a silhouette of a person amidst the foggy mist.

Straining to crack at least one eye open, Sora froze when the figure seemed to be walking nearer and nearer, until she could make out the person's face.

Her breath hitched in the back of her throat. Long, flowing blonde hair.. beautiful crystal blue eyes..

Hoshi...?

Words seemed to escape Sora's tongue as she started at the girl that looked like she was floating in the distance. Her figure was still a blurry, distorted mess, but Sora could recognize that face anywhere.

But... no. It couldn't be. Why was she suddenly here, floating amidst all the fog and showing herself to Sora? It didn't make any sense -- her sister was already ---

"Onee-chan."

Sora froze, her eyes widening for a fraction as a beady sweat trickled down her temple. That voice. The way she called Sora, her name rolling on her tongue. It was without a doubt. But..

The person who looked an awful lot like Sora's younger sister, Hoshi, held out her arms in what seemed to be as though she was beckoning Sora over for a hug.

"Come."

Blinking, Sora started at the girl. Come? Why? What for?

If she was in her right mind, Sora definitely wouldn't have listened. But the fuzzy feeling in her chest and head altogether muddled the brunette's rational thoughts.

With her head feeling like it was floating in the clouds, Sora leaned forward, her torso dangerously tipping over the rails of the ship, as she subconsciously reached a hand in hopes of touching the form of her sister.

Hoshi.. A glazed look flashed in her eyes.

Then, Sora fell in the ocean.

A man lifted his head, gazing out through a large, glass window.

"Drake-kun," he called, not tearing his gaze away. "I believe our contract has come to an end."