{ CHAPTER 31 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora had enough of swimming.

I mean sure, swimming is fun, especially when it's in a safe place and you're with friends who'll playfully push you into the water, now that'll be a great experience.

But the problem was, Sora's situation was a teeny tiny bit different.

Normally, swimming doesn't include stumbling upon a pirate ship, being imprisoned, being saved by your archenemy, fighting groups of guys as well as metal scraps (I'm looking at you, Kid) with nothing but your fists and legs to rely on, and last of all, being blasted to infinity and beyond.

The moment the marine threw the lighter onto the ground where the gas was spread around, Sora dove as far as she could away, hoping that she would at least sustain lesser damage.

That seemed like a pretty futile and stupid plan.

All Sora knew was that she was dead the moment she heard it explode right behind her.

If this were a tragedy story, Sora would've been dead by now. Sadly, the story had to continue, which meant there will be more times where she would experience situations like this in the future.. probably even worse.

But putting the dark future aside, the next thing Sora realized was that she was drowning.

That escalated pretty quickly, didn't it? No? Well, maybe it's just me.

(Law just told me to get on with the story and stop it with the side comments. Okay, fine!)

Everything around Sora was a darkish blue, all the sounds were muffled, which was pretty obvious considering she was underwater.

Right at that moment, Sora really thought she was gonna die. If the blast didn't kill her, the water would.

The brunette could already imagine Law speaking in her mind, saying that being killed by water would be the most stupid way to die.

She could also imagine herself snapping at him, replying that only she could decide how to die, and whatever method is used, Sora was gonna die in an awesome way for sure.

That sounded like an excuse to her. It was as if she didn't want to admit that she was helpless in that situation. Actually, she would've even be able to save herself if she didn't waste time by imagining Law talking in her mind. But well, you know Sora. She likes to be dramatic.

Just when she thought she'd finally pass out, a hand appeared in her view and grabbed her own.

Sora caught the color of black and white, sort of like the pattern of a cow, before her eyes rolled back and everything went black.

~

When Sora opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was a face creepily grinning down at her.

The girl let out a yelp and moved away, which was quite a bad decision on her side, since she fell of the bed and landed hard on the ground.

Groaning while holding her head, Sora sat up and realized that the creepy face was actually just a mask hanging from the ceiling.

She tried to imagine the kind of person living around here. I mean, if it's someone who hangs a mask right above their bed so that the first thing they see when they wake up is a kind of distorted face which looked like it had been thrown at the wall repeatedly, they can't be normal.

If we're talking about abnormalities, Sora thinks that the fact that she was still alive is the weirdest one of all. Unless she really was dead and the cave place was just a part of heaven.