{ CHAPTER 78 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Law, you've gotten cooler."

Law turned around, his gaze resting on Sora who was staring at him with a bored gaze as contrary to what she just said. The brunette was leaning against the metal railings of the manufacturing room while crossing her arms across her chest.

"Although it seems like your IQ rate has gotten lower in compensation."

Law's eye twitched at her words. Then again, he knew what made Sora say that.

During Smoker and Vergo's fight, the former had actually planned to be a distraction and give Law his heart back while Vergo was preoccupied. When Law got his heart back, he was finally able to counterattack and beat Vergo in a matter of seconds. But in exchange, the whole building was sliced in half kudos to Law's attack, so that also meant that everybody inside were now susceptible to the deadly gas Shinokuni.

"Don't let it get to your head now just because you got both your heart and your hat back, surgeon," Sora further commented, only irking Law even more. "At this rate, we're all gonna die."

"I know what I'm doing, Sora," Law said, turning his back to her and walking to a certain direction.

"Also, what was with that speech?" Sora continued, still staying in her position.

"'I'm here to tell you the big fish of the new era has been assembled! And we plan on destroying the gears you've so carefully concocted, so that no one will be able to turn them back, Joker!'" Sora imitated in a pitch a few octaves higher in a mocking tone. "How long did it take for you to memorize that?"

A vein popped on Law's face, but he willed himself to calm down. That girl had really managed to memorize his words to Doflamingo via denden mushi while he sliced Vergo's body in half earlier.

"Besides, what the fuck is a 'concoct----" The sight of Law lifting his hands in a familiar gesture made Sora close her mouth immediately.

Meanwhile, Smoker was currently in the back, observing the two pirates before him. He had heard of a girl in Trafalgar Law's crew but he never thought that she would have a sharp tongue, considering how he's noticed that Law's attitude wasn't the type to tolerate that kind of behavior.

"Enough," Law said and mutely sighed, lowering his hand. "We have more important things to do." Translation: Fuck you, Sora.

Sora caught the hint.

With a grin plastered on her face, Sora pushed her body away from the railings and skipped like a little girl towards Law's side. "So, what's next?"

Law didn't even cast her a glance. Instead, he turned to Smoker, who was still just silently staring at them. Obviously, he didn't want to have anything to do with pirates, but their current situation just didn't go with his principles.

"We'll go look for our ticket out of here," Law said.

::

"Hurry up, boys."

"Says the one who isn't lending a hand to help."

Sora looked over her shoulder and shot a glare towards Law, who was dragging a huge, cement cart-like car behind him together with Smoker.