{ CHAPTER 72 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't a dream.

Sora confirmed to herself. She had just woken up and remembered that she had in fact, slept in Law's room for the whole night.

As the scenes from the previous night replayed in her mind, Sora stiffened and heaved a loud sigh. Sliding a palm down her face, the brunette could feel her face getting hot and closed her eyes to pull herself together.

Sora pressed her lips into a tight line, frowning. That damned surgeon.

She could still feel Law's breath fanning over her face when he pulled his face back, his steele-gray eyes staring down at her as he pushed a strand of Sora's hair behind her ear----

Before her mind could vividly visualize the scene, Sora slapped her cheeks with both hands.

"Get a grip, Sora," she whispered to herself, semi-seething as she did. "That... that small peck on the lips should absolutely not fluster you! You're way stronger than this! Overcome it----"

The door opened and Law walked in.

Sora choked on saliva as she sputtered something incoherent. It was something along the lines of "what--how--why--I'm not ready---"

Arms glued to her side, Sora was stone-riggid as Law walked in, carrying what seemed to be a tray of food. When he lifted his gaze and looked over towards her, Sora was suddenly conscious about, well.. about everything.

Law noticed her stiffness and inwardly chuckled. With slightly-upturned lips, he walked over and handed Sora the tray.

"Eat," he said, "it's already breakfast, and you haven't eaten dinner yesterday."

Tongue-tied, Sora merely nodded, unsure as to what she should say in response. 'Thank you?' or 'Okay?'

"Thankkay."

Sora pressed her lips together and shut her eyes, immediately regretting her reply. She could only sigh in the back of her mind while imagining herself hitting her forehead on the wall repeatedly.

Law suppressed a smile. He gently placed the tray on Sora's lap, careful not to spill the contents, and headed over to sit on the couch. He lazily draped an arm on the back of the couch and watched amusingly at Sora's messy state.

"Why so nervous?" He asked with a hint of taunt in his tone.

Sora opened her eyes and slowly returned Law's gaze, her cheeks reddening. She could tell he was having fun right now. "Tell the captain to screw himself. I'm so done with him, I swear."

Law's grin slightly widened but he turned his face away to hide it. This was amusing. He looked back at Sora and replied, "The captain says he's confused as to why you're annoyed with him." He then leaned forward, resting his arms on his knees. "Please do expound your statement just now."

Sora clicked her tongue. "Screw you." And with that said, she turned to the tray of food on her lap and decided to focus on eating, a gesture to end the conversation and embarrass herself less.

Law continued to stare at Sora, his smile slowly fading as he remembered the events from yesterday. Just the memory of his fellow pirate rival dampened his mood.

"I found your sword lying on the streets in town and brought it back to your room." Law said following the silence that settled. "In case you're looking for it, that is."

Sora finished her food just in time and turned her attention back to Law after settling her spoon and fork back together. She was relieved upon knowing that Kaze was safely put away and thanked the surgeon, who simply nodded back.