{ CHAPTER 3 }

It looks black there, but it's actually brown hair in reality.

The story takes place before the timeskip, after the Alabasta arc.

------------------------------    

...Black Jack..?

The brunette thought, raising a brow as she studied the huge, burly man standing a few meters away, with other men, probably his crew, behind him, snickering at the petrified villagers.

"....Jack?! You mean the Black Jack?!"

"The one with the 45,000,000 berries!"

"BWAHAHAHAHA!! All must fear me! For I am the man who will become the Pirate King!" The pirate bellowed, his loud voice silencing the villagers

Sora paused, her eyes squinting as her eyebrows knitted together at the declaration of Jack.

"Pirate King..?" 

The ravenhaired pirate flickered his eyes at the brunette, narrowing his eyes as he frowned. "You've got a problem with that, girly?"

Silence filled the atmosphere as the villagers turned their attention to the said girl, their eyes tinted with fear as their faces turned pale.

"...Nothing, really.. It's just.." She started, a hint of mockery in her voice as her soft voice reached the man's ears.

"What?" He snarled, not liking her tone of voice as he gripped the handle of his humongous axe.

A small grin danced on the girl's features as she replied, enjoying his reaction. "I'd like to see you try...snatching the seat of the Pirate King."

Everyone had their jaws unhinged as they stared at her in astonishment. Who knew a girl so small had guts?

The pirate clenched his jaw, gritting his teeth, he took a few steps forwards, making the villagers run to the back, leaving the brunette in clear view as she stayed in her spot.

"Oh... it seems a little girl is also aiming for that seat, then?" He taunted, tracing his axe at the brunette's cheek, while Sora remained unfazed, her hand twitched as it brushed against the hilt of her sword, itching to just unsheathe it and slice of that hand of his.

The brunette stared unamused at him, her amber-colored eyes boring straight into his own. Seconds ticked by as everyone waited for one of them to move or say anything.

"..."

"......"

"Well?" Jack said, raising his voice as he waited for her to say something. "Do you wanna become the Pirate King or not?!"

"No." She replied, raising her hand as she wiped her face in disgust. "Hey, be careful, your spit's on me." 

Well, what do you know? Looks like Korinna rubbed off on her. The brunette never thought it was this amusing, messing with someone.

Feeling his eye twitch, the pirate retracted his hand and raised it, bringing his axe down towards the girl.

*clang! 

Gasps emerged from the villagers as they saw the huge axe stopped by a thin blade, both weapon trembling as they tried to outdo each other. 

Clicking his tongue, Jack moved his free hand, attempting to punch Sora in the gut. Before it was able to meet her stomach, though, the brunette did a backflip and landed a few steps backward before forming a stance, tightening her guard.