{ CHAPTER 15 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait, wait... so let me get this straight," A brunette said, a piece of strawberry cupcake in her hand as she had it raised.

"You want me to protect you from unknown guys who sent you a threat letter?"

The blond sitting across her frantically looked around, sweating. "Shh! Just announce it to the world, how about?"

"Okay. Hey everybody!" The girl looked around the café. "I'm this guy's bodyguard! They don't seem to care, burrito." She said, looking back at Clive who stared at her in disbelief.

The duo went to a quiet café to discuss the details of the "job". What was supposed to be a quiet discussion turned into a loud argument as the two threw looks at each other.

"It's Zylen Clive. Gosh, can't you at least remember my name?"

"I call you what I want to call you."

Clive was about to retort when one of the waiters walked up to their table. "Um, ma'am, sir, I'm sorry but please lower your voices.

The blond zipped his mouth shut and nodded at him. "Ah, right... sorry."

Just as the waiter left, Sora then snorted at him. Clive snapped his head at her and sighed in frustration.

"Look, burrito guy." Sora smiled, talking a bite of her 29th cupcake. "You can't beat me in an argument. Even my captain can't."

Clive's ears perked up at the sudden mention of the brunette's captain, before realizing something. "Wait...you argue with your captain?" 

"All the time." She smirked, recalling the times she out-sassed a certain surgeon. "That person can't keep up with my awesomeness."

The blond gave her a deadpanned expression before shaking his head.

Women. Apparently, even their own captain can't manage them.

"..Is it just me or did you think of something insulting?"

"No. I didn't."

A few seconds passed by before Sora spoke up again. "Well, moving on. I have a question regarding this... job of mine." She stated, leaning forward and crossing both arms on the table.

Clive grabbed his drink that he ordered when they arrived earlier. "What is it?" He asked before bringing it up to his lips and drinking it.

"Until when is the deadline for this job?"

The blond placed down his glass and gave it a thought. "Around after the assembly meeting."

Sora gave a hum and looked up at the wooden ceiling of the café. "Can you give me a recap of the situation and what I'm supposed to be doing?"

Clive gave the brunette a skeptical look. "I thought I already explained it clearly to you."

"I wasn't really paying attention." She shrugged. "I only got the gist of it but I wanna hear the details again."

Clive sighed for what seemed to be the umpteenth time that day. "Okay, fine. Listen closely."

Sora nodded. "I'm listening."

The blond looked around, observing the area around if ever someone were to eavesdrop on them. He then looked back at the brunette and started.

"Exactly 6 days ago I received a letter." His voice turning to a whisper. "The letter said that they wanted something my family owned---"