{ CHAPTER 16 }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora tiptoed down the gray metallic corridor of the sub as she headed to the kitchen. Upon reaching the door, she stopped to look around before slowly pushing it open and closed it right after.

"Where have you been?"

"Oh my cow!"

The brunette practically jumped from her spot as she quickly turned around, a hand on her chest. There stood a somehow irritated-looking Law, arms folded while sitting on a chair.

Upon realizing that it was the captain of the sub, Sora straightened and cleared her throat. "Geez..what's with you? Startling me like that.."

"Where have you been?" Law repeated, ignoring her statement. The girl swore she felt a hint of irritation in his voice.

"Just.. outside." She replied.

"What time is it now?" The captain asked again, eyes still focusing on the swordsman which made her uncomfortable.

Kami {god}.. can he stop staring at me like that?

"It's time for you to buy a watch."

Sora could clearly see the captain's eye twitching from where she stood and quickly added.

"..captain, sir."

Law stood up and walked towards the girl, his face still in a frown. "I would like to know what my subordinate was doing this late." He said in a cold voice. Immediately, Sora took that as her cue to answer properly.

"I landed myself in some sort of... business."

"What business?"

"..Do I have to tell you?"

The captain heaved a huge, audible sigh and looked away. "Sora, I do remember saying that you can go do what you want." Said Law before he turned back to look at her.

"However, I don't want you neglecting your duty because of some 'business'. Remember your position as my subordinate." He ordered. "..and don't cause any more trouble."

Without allowing Sora to say anything, Law then walked pass her and exited the kitchen. Seconds have already passed before Sora started to walk to the refrigerator and took out her box. Heading to the table, she sat down and took out a cupcake, eating it.

Kami.. you were just scolded and all you can do is eat?

"..." Sora chewed slowly, looking at the kitchen door. "I don't know what to say, Kaze."

You're already talking, woman.

"Is it just me or.. did Law seem really pissed off?"

Thanks for stating the obvious. On top of staying out late, you even refuse to tell him that you owe a stranger because you yielded to temptation. Anyone would get pissed.

The brunette swallowed. "He doesn't need to know my business.." She trailed off, still staring at the door. "..but I guess I overdid it."

You sure did.

Sora looked at her sword. "Hey, in this kind of situation, you should say something like 'It's not your fault, Sora. The surgeon was just in his monthly period.' Or something along those lines."

Stop playing the victim, while you were out playing with some guy, Law was here waiting for you.

Heaving a sigh, Sora stood up and headed to her room.