{ CHAPTER 1 }

------------------------------

If you were given an old piece of blank paper which would 'supposedly' answer your 'so-called-wish', refuse it, throw it out, or just to be sure, burn it. 

Chances are that it's a magical portal or some crap like it which will lead you to a life of being a pirate---which some of you may find it fun, but in the perspective of a person who has to face death like it's a normal occurrence every day, it sure ain't. 

One of the upsides of being a pirate though, is that you get to do what you want. Things like fighting and kicking asses as much as you like, not worrying about boarding exams and finding jobs, and insulting your captain (which is, in fact, Sora's favorite part of the day).

Most of the time though, you have to brace yourself, be alert, and always be prepared (and yes, I know that they have similar meanings but whatever), which is something Sora is not good at. Well, it was fine since she got to compensate for that with her bravery which was laced with a bit of craziness and stupidity, and of course, with the help of the mighty adrenaline. 

Still, looking back at it, you could say that Sora was sort of thankful that something like that happened to her. Please note the term 'sort of'. Meaning she wasn't really sure, but let's just put that behind for now.

Okay, I think I should stop rambling and get on with the story before you get bored and leave. So, it all started with a normal boring day during Sora's part-time job...

A brunette stared out on a window, chin on her palms as she observed the beautiful green environment that was displayed.. quite a peaceful day, actually.

Until a loud sound of footsteps could be heard, disturbing her 'emotional/dramatic' scene, as what she would like to call it.

"Hey Soraaa, check this out!" 

A ravenhaired girl, a year older than the brunette shoved a paper at her face, the brunette--named Sora, leaned back. Even though she was younger, the girl couldn't help but feel if there was some problem with their birthdates, seeing that the ravenhaired was practically squealing like some sort of fangirl, despite her age. 

"What's this?" Sora asked, checking out the piece of paper, now in her hands.

"A paper." 

The brunette gave her bestfriend a blatant look. "Thanks for stating the obvious." She then quickly added. "I can see that. What I meant is, what's wrong with it?" She asked, raising her brows when the ravenette flashed a huge grin.

"Now, this is the good part." Korinna, the ravenette's name, looked around,  wary of someone lurking in the room.

"On my way home yesterday, about.. I think, past 9:00 pm, A mysterious, creepy man walked up to me." She started, making her voice no louder than a whisper, as if telling a horror story, causing Sora to roll her eyes.

"Let me guess, another one of your 'oh-so-scary' made up stories, right?" The brunette cut her off, recalling the times when Kori would tell Sora her 'scary experiences', which she would later declare as a 'joke' while making that usual peace sign with her hands.

"I swear, this time, it's real." Korinna insisted, a determined face on her. The brunette decided to listen to her whole story, after all, it won't hurt, right?

"Okay." She stated, folding her arms and staring straight to her friend's eyes. "I'm all ears."

Korinna then excitedly told the rest of the story, with a sparkle in her eyes. 

"At first, I was creeped out by him, 'cuz, well, he was creepy." She chuckled on her own lame joke and later on continued. "Before I was able to speak out, though, he dug in his pocket and took that out." She gestured to the dirty-ish paper now resting on the table.