{ CHAPTER 90 }

Começar do início

Another man sitting on the other side of the large room turned to him, wearing his trademark hat and armor. "What do you mean?"

The man with the brown hair moved his head to give the pirate a knowing grin.

"She's come."

When Sora came to, she found herself lying on the beach of an island. 

She sat upright rather abruptly, her hand immediately going to where Kaze was, before letting out a relieved sigh when he was still strapped to her waist. 

Are you still there? Sora asked in her mind. 

There was a short silence, and the brunette slightly panicked when Kaze didn't reply for a solid 5 seconds.

Yeah. Where the hell are we?

Sora visibly relaxed her tensed shoulders, slumping in a slouch as she scanned around the island where she was currently at. The majority of the island was enshrouded with a thick mist, allowing her to only distinguishably see the front part and not further than what seemed to be a forest that was right ahead. Plus, the fact that it was still around early dawn wasn't helping with her vision. 

"That's what I'd like to know," Sora mused, frowning as she stood up and looked around. 

Law. She couldn't find him anywhere near her. 

Sora clearly recalled that earlier, they were still together back at the ship, right before ---

Her eyes widened at the remembrance. That mirage of her sister. What the hell was that all about?

Sora immediately shook the thought away. She needed to get back to the ship. Law was probably losing his shit over her disappearance --- that is, if he wasn't in the same predicament as her. 

The brunette straightened her posture and strained her haki to sense for her captain, when a different presence alerted her.

Instinctively, her hand went over to grab the hilt of her sword, ready to unsheathe it. 

Even in the dimness, she was able to make out a shadowed silhouette of a person in the distance amidst the fog, slowly heading nearer towards her.

Sora squinted her eyes and tightened her grip, about to unsheathe her sword when the person stepped out of the fog, allowing her to finally identify him. 

When it dawned on her, Sora tilted her head in confusion. 

"Dog?"

"I see you're still going on about that whole dog thing," X Drake suppressed a sigh. 

"And I see you're still stalking me," Sora retorted, slightly slackening her stance yet keeping her guard up. 

When X Drake didn't reply, Sora made a mental assessment of the guy. The alarms in her mind were blaring, and Sora wasn't so slow on the uptake to not even be suspicious of him. Damn it, why did she have to be separated from Law at a time like this?

"How the hell did I got here?" She asked, straight to the point. "And what are you doing here?"

X Drake stared at the woman standing before him. It seemed like her captain wasn't with her at the moment, which made things easier for him. If it weren't for his debt and the fact that he had one more job to do, he would have gladly set sailed to do his own personal business than handle another headache full of drama. 

"Bring her to me."

"This island isn't named, nor is it charted on any map," Drake explained. "you're on an island located somewhere in the Occult Triangle, a mystic area of waters in the New World. Does knowing that enough to satisfy you?"