Chapter five.

☽ 𝑹𝒆𝒆𝒔𝒆'𝒔 𝒑.𝒐.𝒗 ☾

Our last few remaining days in Los Angeles seemed to bleed into one another, each day we spent doing something new and exploring places we'd yet to see. The nights were spent with barely any sleep and we stayed up watching movies or playing games we'd pulled from the supply closet. Layla and I dreaded having to leave, but we had planning to do and did miss our own bedrooms. I love Layla but we can both agree that we need our own personal spaces every once in awhile.

My eyes flitted across the screen several times, re-reading to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. They weren't it was clear as day, two notifications on my phone from twitter and instagram. "Zayn followed me,"

Layla sprang up from the bed with wide eyes, "On your fan?"

Fear crept in for a split second even though I already knew that wasn't the case, "Oh god no, my main accounts on twitter and instagram,"

"So he remembered your full name and made sure to search for you on social media," Layla smiled, which was actually a bit of a smirk.

"This is something straight out of a wattpad fanfic..." I said still looking at the blue verified check by his name. "It means nothing major though, he obviously enjoyed the other night as much as I did and probably can see us being friends, "

"Or more," She suggested, "I did see a rumor on the TL that he and Perrie are said to be splitsville as of now,"

It clicked, and suddenly his speech to me that night had no longer seemed random. "That adds up, but you know how those things go. If they are split up it won't be long before they're back together.

In the living room G was moping around, dragging her feet across the floor. "I'm going to miss you guys, I don't want you guys to leave,"

Layla and I left our bags by the front door and went to embrace her, "We're gonna miss you! Let us know when you plan to make another trip back to Grover and we'll meet up!"

"It was also nice to catch up with you girl," I said giving each of them a hug as well.

"How far is the trip back?" Olive asked.

I made a face of disgust, "About three hours?" I said looking to Layla for confirmation.

"Yep," She nodded, "And you're driving!"

I laughed, it was only fair as she did drive most of the way here originally. "You got it,"

She paused, "But if you get tired tell me, cause sitting at number one things I don't want to do is die!" She raised her eyebrows at me, "I'll take the wheel at that point,"

"Yeah yeah," I rolled my eyes. I checked the time on my phone, "We'd better get going, traffic is still going to be hell but if we beat rush hour that'd be for the best."

After we departed from her side of town we made our way onto the 154. We encountered some traffic but not nearly what it had been on the ride here. We had occasional stops at gas stations a long the way for snacks and bathroom breaks, but the most of the trip consisted of blaring music, and snapchat videos. While I drove Layla offered to post the L.A. photos we'd taken on both of our accounts. I surprisingly didn't grow tired, and before we knew it we were pulling into our apartment complex.

"I love coming home after being away for a few days," Layla stretched in the passenger seat, as our last stop had been over an hour ago.

Once back inside my room I unpacked, put my dirty laundry in the wash, then fell into the comfort of my bed with Netflix ready to watch. I looked at the blue app on my phone for a minute contemplating what to tweet. I wanted to talk about L.A. because it was one of the best times of my life, but also send a subtle message to Zayn now that he followed me.