Chapter thirty one.

𝑹𝒆𝒆𝒔𝒆'𝒔 𝒑.𝒐.𝒗

four months later...

"Hey there." I smiled at Zayn as he sat down. "So what is it that you wanted to meet about urgently, so urgent that you flew all the way to London from Japan?"

"I have some news, you are the first person who is going to know this, besides the boys anyway." He said leaning back against the bench.

"You are scaring me, you aren't saying this in a good way.." I said sitting up and giving him my full attention.

"I'm leaving the band Reese" He said with a smile that I don't know how to identify.

I guess I didn't speak for a minute or two because Zayn taped my shoulder. "I'm sorry, that blind sided me." I said a little teary eyed. "When? Is this going to be a break and you'll be back or?"

"Today, management is releasing a statement in a couple hours, and for now its permanent." He sighed. "I was wondering if you would be with me when they do?"

I nodded, "Of course, I think I need you more then you need me right," I joked. I tried making light of the situation for Zayn but this was a heavy topic for me. "So why?"

His gaze shifted to the park in front of us. "I don't want the lifestyle anymore, I want to be normal." I couldn't help but laugh at the comment.

"Zayn, you being normal is going to be a really hard task." I said rubbing his back. "You are indeed the Zayn Malik,"

"It's hard to explain I guess," he chuckled. "I know I just can't do this anymore. It's a hectic schedule and I'm always stressed,"

"No I understand why you want some time off and all, the being normal part is just something I don't see happening." I said with a half smile.

"Yeah, just something I'm hoping for," he said.

We sat on the bench for awhile not saying anything off in our own worlds. I felt like crying because of Zayn leaving the band, it just shattered my heart. My eyes were watery because my thinking switched from friend to fan. I felt like crying and just laying down but sitting right next to Zayn who just told me first hand he's leaving I kind of can't. Zayn must've heard me sniffle because he wrapped his arm arms around me.

"I forgot, I'm sorry," He said pulling me closer.

I laughed. "It's okay, I'm just crying from a fan perspective! From a friend perspective I am really happy for you, plus I think Layla's reaction is going to be a tad worse then mine since you aren't there to comfort her."

"Who says I wont be?" He smiled.

"Wait so does this mean you are gonna come to the hotel with me?" I smiled.

"Yes, I am. I actually plan on traveling for fun this year." he paused. "If only I knew someone I could travel with."

"That would be nice." I smirked. "... If only,"

"So Reese," Zayn said standing up. "I've known you for awhile now and you're a great friend, I was wondering..." He said kneeling, "If you would do me the honors of traveling with me."

I laughed at how cheesy he was, in his hand was a passport book. "I've been meaning to get a new one of these. Yes Zayn I will, except since I'm already traveling with Layla and Sam, will you do me the honors of traveling with us?"

He laughed. "Of course," I put the passport in my bag and stood up.

"Shall we go get some comfort food, I need some and I know Layla is going to too." I said linking my arm with his.