Chapter twenty eight.

Song of the chapter: What a Feeling - One Direction

Layla's p.o.v

"I think I should get my hair cut." I spoke up interrupting the silence.

"What, you hate hair cuts." Reese says, eyeing me strangely.

"I did yes, but honestly I think it's time for a change. Plus it will be easier to manage during all the traveling."

"Well that's true, I think you should go for it. It will look good on you." Reese assures me.

"Okay, yeah I think I will do it. Change can be good." I nodded, deciding to go through with it.

I sighed leaning back in my seat slightly, I heard a soft bump and turned around. Sam kept dozing off, each time he would hit his head on the window and it would jolt him awake. I laughed lightly and turned back to the front deciding to read for awhile. I grabbed my purse and pulled out the book I was currently reading before flipping to the marked page and getting lost in the world of Zoey Redbird.

+

"Layla, we're here." I yawned, stretching out in my seat. I had fallen asleep, my book was now in the floor and I had no clue where I was.

"Where exactly is here?" I ask in confusion.

"A hair salon, I had Sam look up some while you were sleeping." I looked over at her, was she insane.

"You let Sam pick the hair salon?" I looked at her, with my 'are you serious' face.

"Not exactly, I made him read me the reviews and then I chose." She assured and I nodded. "We made you an appointment so you can go on in, we are going to go to the store for a bit and we will get you when you finish here." I agreed grabbing my purse and going into the Salon alone.

The bell chimed above me as I stepped through the door, a friendly receptionist greeted me and I smiled before telling her my name and she nodded before asking me some information and logging it into the system.

Soon after, a tall brunette with what appeared to be naturally curly hair came around to the seating area and directed me to follow her.

"Hi, my names Alice, and you are Layla i'm assuming." She spoke smiling brightly at me.

"Yeah that's me." I smiled back at her as she started to brush my hair out, pulling a cape over me and securing it in the back.

"So, what are you looking to get done today?" She asked thoroughly examining my hair.

"I'm thinking of cutting it pretty short." I replied and she nodded.

"I think that would look great." She showed me a few pictures of different cuts and colors before I decided on one that I liked a lot and she got to work. Coloring, washing, then cutting my hair.

She kept me turned away from the mirror so I couldn't see until she was finished, she was more excited than I was I think. She worked for a little over and hour before getting out the blow dryer and drying my hair scrunching it slightly and stepping back to examine her handiwork. She smiled, showing off her dimples and squealing.

"I absolutely love it Layla."

"Really? It looks good?" I asked her smiling.

"No, it looks amazing!" She exclaimed before removing the cape and spinning the chair towards the mirror.

It was cut short, barely touching my shoulders. It was an ombre still, but with different highlights and she had cut my bangs differently as well. She was right, it did look great.

"Wow, thank you so much I really love it. I was so nervous to get it cut short but I actually love it like this." I told her and she grinned.

"It was no problem really, come back and see me sometime." She handed me her card and I nodded putting it in my purse.

"I definitely will, I'm sure we will be back in this area sometime or another." I laughed. I had told her about the whole traveling thing while she was doing my hair and she had found it very interesting, she had wanted to do that same thing before she started beauty school but never got the chance. I grabbed up my purse and took one last glance at my hair and telling Alice goodbye.

Me: Hey R, I'm finished and very hungry! Where are you guys?

Reese: Just got you some food, be there in a minute.

Me: Aw thanks, you're the best!

I slid my phone into my purse and headed out the door of the Salon to look for Reese's vehicle which I spotted pulling into the parking lot, Sam in the drivers seat. Looks like I was getting pushed to the back, oh well more room to sleep.

The car pulled up to the curb and I climbed in Reese gasped at me, turned around in her seat with excitement.

"Wow, Layla I love it. It looks fantastic on you." She spoke excitedly, Sam nodding in agreement.

"Thanks guys." I smiled, taking my phone from my purse again.

"Telling Liam about your new haircut are we?" Reese asked noticing me take my phone from my purse.

"That's not what I was doing." I laughed lightly at her, Liam and I had been texting a lot since the camping trip and Reese liked to tease me about it frequently.

"Oh, I'm sure." She rolled her eyes, smirking slightly before turning back to the front and directing Sam into traffic.

I scoffed playfully at her and glanced down at my phone. Maybe texting Liam wasn't such a bad idea...

Me: Guess who got a haircut..

Liam: Really? Let me see.

Me: Eager are we?

Liam: Oh come on, just show me.

I sent him a picture I had taken inside the Salon and waited for him to respond.

Liam: Harry says it looks fabulous on you.

Me: Does he now?

Liam: Yes, he does.

Me: Does anyone else think that?

Liam: Yes, Niall says it looks great as well.

Me: Liam!!

Liam: I'm just messing with you, I love it alot babe!

I laughed at the texts and shut my phone screen off with a smile that seemed to appear on my face anytime I talked to him.

❃∘∙✧∘∙

Pssssh, this isn't late or anything. Pic of her haircut on the side xD

Stay tuned(:

-Paige x