CHAPTER 32

Today is Thursday. I am sitting in the living room watching TV while I wait for Fatima to come over so we can go shopping. Udar and Ismail are having dinner to mark the end of the successful business trip, and to thank everyone for their contributions to making it a success. Fatima and I finished our meetings early, so we have time to go shopping. I'm becoming impatient as she is running late when she finally comes down the stairs.

"What took you so long?" I pick up my handbag and start walking to the garage. We are taking one of Aunt Maria's cars. We are taking her Lexus LC to the mall.

"Sorry, I was talking to my mom," Fatima says walking up beside me.

"Oh, did you say hi to her for me," I say entering the car.

"I did. She asked how you were doing, and I told her you are fine," Fatima says getting in too.

"Alright let's go," I say driving out of the garage.

We've been at the mall for a couple of hours and so far, we have both found dresses. Right now, we are looking for jewelry to go with them. While shopping I see a certain wristwatch, I know I just must get for Ismail. The other day, while we were in France, Ismail showed me the wristwatch in a magazine. He told me how much he loved it but was not able to find it in stores yet. The case is a black ceramic case with a glare-proofed sapphire crystal. The dial is an open worked, satin-brushed black dial with black counters, white gold applied hour markers and Royal Oak hands with luminescent coating and black inner bezel. The bracelet is a black ceramic bracelet with titanium AP folding clasp with two additional runner straps; one in two-tone rubber strap: black on top and grey on the sides and underside, another in full black rubber.

"Please add that to my purchases," I tell the store clerk.

"You have made a fine choice miss, that is one of our latest limited editions. One of the best we have," she says taking the wristwatch out of the glass case.

"Thank you."

"Umit, why are you getting a man's wristwatch?" Fatima asks, walking towards me.

"It's not for me."

"Is it for someone called Ismail?" Fatima smirks with a funny glint in her eyes.

"Yes, and why are you looking at me like that?" I'm confused by the strange look she gives me.

"Nothing. Just happy that my best friend is in love," she smirks.

"I like him. I didn't say that I love him," admitting my feelings for Ismail to Fatima. I don't understand why everyone keeps saying I love him.

"You finally accepted the fact that you like him," Fatima smiles triumphantly.

"Yes, you were right. I do like Ismail," admitting to Fatima she was right all along.

"I knew it, and now you owe me," Fatima declares.

"Owe you what?" I have a pretty good idea where this conversation is leading.

"A meal."

"I knew it! But I don't remember saying I will buy you a meal if you were right." I raise my eyebrows, knowing Fatima is just trying to get me to buy her food.

"Maybe not out loud but we did in my head," Fatima says with a straight face.

"You are not serious! I am not buying you a meal," I chuckle shaking my head.

"Too bad, at least I know I tried," Fatima pouts trying to look sad in the hope I will change my mind.

"Nice try Fatima, but I am not changing my mind. Come let's pay for our stuff and leave."