CHAPTER 37

"Where is Fatima?" I ask the maid who opens the door for me. I got to Fatima's in half the time it normally takes, that is how fast I was driving. Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah) I arrived in one piece.

"She is upstairs, Miss Umit," the maid replies.

"Thank you," I say, rushing in and taking the stairs two at a time.

Everything makes sense to me. Why she sent the video and did not want me to come over to her house. She sent it to me so if anything happens to her, I will know.

I arrive at Fatima's room; I quickly open the door praying dearly I am not too late. I look inside, but Fatima is nowhere to be seen. Am I too late? Did my best friend already risk her life for her sister's? I have to be sure, so I check the bathroom. I knock on the bathroom a few times but no answer. I open it, but there is no one inside. I check her closet and she is not there either. Ya Allah, I can't believe I came too late. I don't even have my phone to call her and stop her. Maybe she has not gone. If she went out, the maid surely wouldn't have said she was upstairs; let me check around the house.

I walk out of her room to ask someone else if they know if she has gone out or not. I take the stairs down and meet her mom at the bottom.

"As salamu alaykum, aunt," I say to Fatima's mom trying my best to sound neutral, not wanting to make her notice how nervous I am right now.

"Wa alaykumu salam. What are you doing back here, dear? Did you forget something?" she asks.

"Yes, there was something I forgot to tell Fatima. Do you know where she is?" I ask looking around, checking if Fatima is still here.

"Fatima is in the garden. Do you need something? You look like you are looking for something," Aisha says noticing my behavior.

"Nothing, I am fine. I will go and meet Fatima now." I quickly walk toward the garden.

I walk through the back door to get to the gardens. Their garden is beautiful. It has a lot of lovely flowers, from pink lilies to red roses and so much more. Once I arrive at the bottom of the garden, I see Fatima. Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah) I am not too late, thank you, Allah. Fatima has her back to me, so she does not know I am here. She is standing by the lilacs.

"Fatima." I call walking toward her.

"Umit, you are here," Fatima sighs sounding like she was expecting me.

"You were expecting me?"

"We knew you would get here sooner or later." Udar says coming from the other end of the garden. I did not know he was here. Why were they expecting me? I am feeling very confused right now.

"What is going on here?" I ask them.

"Ismail called me and told me what Fatima was planning to do so, I rushed here and was able to stop Fatima," Udar replies, which explains why they were expecting me. He must have been close by and that's why he got here before me. I am also certain his car is parked out front but because I was such in a hurry to get inside I didn't really take notice.

"Oh, Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah) you got here on time, and Fatima don't worry. We will figure out a way of getting Abeela back without putting your life in danger." I say, trying to comfort my friend.

"In Shaa Allah, we will, and Udar already called the Detective. He should be here any minute, and hopefully we will be able to find Abeela soon," Fatima says trying to sound hopeful.

"Ameen," I say praying this time with the information we have, we will be able to find Abeela.

The detective arrives a few minutes later. Fatima shows him the video on her phone. The police come up with a good plan to get Abeela back. They will not be able to trace the video back to a location where Abeela might be held, because whoever sent it, sent it from Fatima's house. The video that was sent to Fatima was sent from inside her own house, making us realize how unsafe it is for Fatima. If Liz can sneak in here to send the video..., that woman is smarter than we anticipated. But hopefully, the plan the police have made won't be something she would anticipate. The plan is going down tonight; we don't want Abeela to spend another dreadful day in the hands of that woman.