CHAPTER 49

"Move it," he says using the gun to direct me which way to go.

I comply and walk towards where he says, without struggle as I don't want to get him angry. We step into a room, and my fears and questions are answered.

"Umit what are you doing here?" Ismail asks sounding very worried and surprised to see me. I can't believe I was right; they have Ismail. They tied him to a chair.

"Ismail are you alright? I have been looking for you," I say trying not to sound scared, but glad at least I found him.

"You can't be here right now. You have to leave," Ismail says trying to remove the ropes around his hands to get to me.

"HEY! Enough talk. You! Fine lady, follow me. Ismail shut your mouth before I shut it for you," the scary man says.

Ismail and I don't say anything, but I can tell he wants nothing more than to get me far away from here as soon as possible. The scary man leads me through the bedroom and into the bathroom.

"Why did you capture us? We did nothing wrong!" I say to the man as he ties my hands with a rope.

"You did nothing wrong, pretty lady. We just need you to make Ismail boy over there do what we want."

"What do you want to do with him, you better not lay a finger on him," I tell him, getting protective of Ismail.

"Hey there, watch that tongue of yours if you don't want me to cut it out for you," he says, pressing the gun to my cheek. I don't say anything but glare at him and notice he looks a bit familiar. Like I have seen him somewhere, but I can't recall.

"So, now that you have me what are you going to do with me," I ask while I try to figure out what is going on, and who these people are.

"That is for me to know, and for you to worry about. Now, stay put and don't make trouble. If not, I won't be responsible for what happens to Ismail," he says with a nasty grin and walks out.

How did they know who I was? Were they waiting for me to come and look for Ismail to capture me? Is the man on the front desk involved with them and that's why he gave us enough information to start looking? And what is it they want Ismail to do for them, that they had to get me? I am sure they think I mean a lot to Ismail. They don't know I am just his sister-in-law.

Also, the scary man looks so familiar. Oh my God, Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah), now I know where I saw his face. He was one of the people standing with Mr. Alberto in the video. He is with Mr. Alberto, and that could only mean Mr. Alberto is the one who ordered for us to be kidnapped.

I must do something to get Ismail and myself out of here. I can't let these people hurt us or worse. I must think of something and fast.

I look around for anything that can help me cut the ropes from my wrists, but there is nothing sharp around here. I open the cupboard above the sink and see only toiletries. I look around and stop to look at the only thing that can become a sharp object. Ya Allah, I hope what I am about to do does not cause more trouble for Ismail and me. I don't think about all the things that can possibly go wrong and just do it.

I put my hands in a tight fist. I say Bismillahir-rahmanir-rahim and punch the mirror as hard as I can, praying no one hears the noise. The mirror breaks into pieces; I quickly pick a sharp piece up and use it to cut my ropes.

Now I have to find a way to get out of here. I open the door gently and look outside. I see a man inside the bedroom, but his attention is on the TV. That's why he didn't hear the noise I made. He has his back is to me so he doesn't see me. I didn't even notice him when I was brought in. A crazy idea pops into my head, but it seems like the only thing that might work. I begin banging hard on the door so that he will come to the door.